1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Adventures of Pearl !!! Host list post's #22 and #23

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by r redden, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Lostball

Lostball Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Well I finally had the opportunity I had been looking for. Between work, the weather and my health I had been unable to go where I wanted to go and get the pictures I wanted to share before Pearl went on to her next visit. Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day here and my wife and I got on the bike and headed north towards the Kentucky border. We headed past Harrogate TN. which is where Lincoln Memorial University is. Atop of Cumberland Gap, TN. is Pinnacle Mountain. A beautiful drive up switchbacks to the top of the mountain you find a short walk to this overlook. We had great visibility and as you can see in the photos the Hawks were flying at eye level to our position just gliding on the wind. Below the overlook you can see the small town of Cumberland gap which I believe has become a student area for the University. My wife and I have really enjoyed having the opportunity to share our part of the world with Pearl and with the forum. Thanks to everyone for their patience. Sorry for the not so high definition pictures but for some reason here recently I've not been able to download higher definition pictures. IMG_5003.PNG IMG_5006.PNG IMG_5004.PNG IMG_5005.PNG IMG_5007.PNG IMG_5002.PNG IMG_4984.JPG

2. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Excellent job, @Lostball. Really nice write up and great photos! I like the last one best!
    I am getting excited for my turn, but it will be hard to keep up with the very high bar, set by you! :thumbsup:

neal70 and Lostball like this.
  3. Lostball

Feb 28, 2015
    Thank you Mark. My wife and I have enjoyed Pearl. I look forward to her visit with you and your family!!!

neal70 and Ramrodmb like this.
  4. r redden

r redden Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 23, 2015
    Pearl where are you girl !!

neal70 and Lostball like this.
  5. Lostball

Feb 28, 2015
    Randy, She is at her next rendezvous. Neal @neal70 said it may take him a little bit to show her around Nebraska. I believe his schedule has been pretty hectic. Hopefully we will hear from him in the next few days. I'm looking forward to getting some pictures of Pearl from Nebraska.

SVTFreak likes this.
  6. r redden

May 23, 2015
    Thanks for the update Jerome she's as safe as a baby in Neal's hands he's a great guy. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SVTFreak, neal70 and Vaporstang like this.
  7. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    SVTFreak likes this.
  8. neal70

neal70

Jun 3, 2015
    Sorry guys! I’ll get some shots up soon as I can. Truth is this stuff always takes me awhile.
    Thanks, Neal

9. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Bump for update...

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    neal70 and SVTFreak like this.
  10. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Otherwise it kind of takes the fun out of the whole thing :(

Mason Knives, PaulS., neal70 and 5 others like this.
  11. r redden

May 23, 2015
    I agree Jack I'll PM @neal70 and see if we can get the old girl moving again.

12. Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Look who showed up on my doorstep today...
    [​IMG]

13. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Glad to see Pearl has landed at her next destination! And love that slip!

Ramrodmb, dc50 and SVTFreak like this.
  14. Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    @Pàdruig -Dylan did a fantastic job on the slip! @r8shell did a fantastic job on the scrimshaw. Here are the other sides.
    [​IMG]

15. Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Not much to report today. Pearl and I spent most of this freezing rain/ snowy day bidding jobs and picking up materials/ supplies. Here she is picking up lighting for tomorrow's job, where I'm sure she'll see some wire stripping duty.
    The slip works very well and I'm glad to give it some pocket wear.
    [​IMG]

16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks for the update Mark

SVTFreak and Ramrodmb like this.
  17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Hope you and Pearl have a great weekend Mark :thumbsup:

Ramrodmb and SVTFreak like this.
  18. r redden

May 23, 2015
    Glad to see the old girl has landed safely Mark. I was trying to remember when and where I got her and I think it was The Practical Outdoorsman I posted pictures of at the beginning of her trip.

19. Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks guys.
    Had another day of work with Pearl along for the ride. A job to do in Bellevue, (Nebraska) so we swung by one of the most important military bases in the world. StratCom- Offutt Air Force Base. Home of the 55th wing- The Fightin' 55th. It used to be called SAC or Strategic Air Command, but was renamed StratCom in 1992.
    https://www.offutt.af.mil/
    https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...BHNlYwNzYw--?p=Offut+air+force+base&fr=mcafee
    [​IMG]

Then on to an uninspired lunch- on the run, as usual...
    [​IMG]
    A couple more jobs done and I find myself at the place I love. Home. With the ones I love.
    Time to relax. It's Friday. Life is good.:)
    Hope everyone has an exceptional weekend.:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  20. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Nice to see Pearl on the move again! :D Good stuff so far, Mark! :thumbsup:

I was looking back at the host list(s) on page 2, and it looks like Pearl may be traveling internationally soon! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ramrodmb and Vaporstang like this.