The "Ask Nathan a question" thread

Well now this is just the type of slippery slope I hoped to dodge when I posted the wrong blades and was almost brought in front of the disciplinary panel. The acronyms were NOT lost on sweet innocent dense as a brick me thank you very much. Pro tip: self deprecation and redirection can be your friend ;)

Well now this is just the type of slippery slope I hoped to dodge when I posted the wrong blades and was almost brought in front of the disciplinary panel. The acronyms were NOT lost on sweet innocent dense as a brick me thank you very much. Pro tip: self deprecation and redirection can be your friend ;)
48559-seinfeld-soup-nazi.jpg

"No humor for you...two weeks!"

Hi all, new here and not sure if this is the best place to ask this question; is the harder/thinner FK2 thinner in stock thickness, or behind the edge, or both? Thanks!

Hi all, new here and not sure if this is the best place to ask this question; is the harder/thinner FK2 thinner in stock thickness, or behind the edge, or both? Thanks!
This a link to a sale. If you look down under the options you will see an explanation from Nathan.

Same stock, ground thinner and higher, slightly harder.

This a link to a sale. If you look down under the options you will see an explanation from Nathan.

Same stock, ground thinner and higher, slightly harder.
Thank you!

I purchased my first CPK off the web site, DEK 1 in AEBL. The D3Vs were all gone. Immediately followed by two FK2 H&T in D3V, regular FK2 all gone. They had BCs available but the addiction hadn't fully set in yet. Luckily that only incurred a $50 penalty after it did.
I get a kick out of seeing the boy(30) swagger in with a sidearm on one side and the FK2 on the other:) I only get a kick out of it because he doesn't live me, Thank God.
Moral of the story, keep an eye on the web site after new releases. You might get lucky.
FK2 H&T is not #BadIdea, they are awesome.

Mark

Hey Nathan, Will there be a Friday sale on the 12th? I know you guys have been crazy busy. I honestly do not need any more sales for a while. I unfortunately will not be able to resist the SDFK or the bad dog 35. I’m kinda hoping that I’m safe for another week or two.

Hey Nathan, Will there be a Friday sale on the 12th? I know you guys have been crazy busy. I honestly do not need any more sales for a while. I unfortunately will not be able to resist the SDFK or the bad dog 35. I’m kinda hoping that I’m safe for another week or two.

No sale this week, we are out of town. But we'll have one next week.

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist

Didn't see a reply to someone's query:
Is the preliminary SDFK sale going ro be for the standard version only, or Signature Series, or both?

Since it's the introduction of the pattern I will try to put a signature series in there, but it will mostly be standard. There won't be many on this sale, it's just the introduction of the new pattern. The big sale will follow.

Hello Nathan. Now that you have about one a quarter days back to work after your vacation, would you please update us on the progress of the Folder, and the K20? Any gratuitous photos of the SDFK to excite us even more? Status of Magnacut heat treat for the DEK pre order?
Thank you!

Hello Nathan. Now that you have about one a quarter days back to work after your vacation, would you please update us on the progress of the Folder, and the K20? Any gratuitous photos of the SDFK to excite us even more? Status of Magnacut heat treat for the DEK pre order?
Thank you!
Somebody's feeling lucky...or their oats.

Either way,,,"Duck!!!"

Back