The Birth Of A Fighting Khukuri (UPDATE)

Thanks for the build pics, Joe and Jason !
I'm marveling at the fuller and the complexity of the grinds.
Talked to Paul the other night about a sheath, first time ever talked to him.
Enjoying every minute of my little part in this fantastic and ferocious project. :)

DOUG :)

Yours is close

Here it is with your handle materials and the blade almost finished just waiting for final black out finish

Should be soon

The next few are in different stages of completion

A4592D25-F791-42EC-9D37-9F5D6725805B-868-0000010EA4C650CF.jpg

66BE7744-A70A-4E1D-B2A6-07780FF0E7D2-868-0000010E96942A6A.jpg

Doug

Thanks for the build pics, Joe and Jason !
I'm marveling at the fuller and the complexity of the grinds.
Talked to Paul the other night about a sheath, first time ever talked to him.
Enjoying every minute of my little part in this fantastic and ferocious project. :)

Doug

Doug we appreciate your participation and your enthusiasm more than words can say :)

Again the Great Paul Long did not disappoint

This masterpiece of a Baldric sheath is the perfect sheath for this perfect Khukuri

It features heavy construction a Beaver Tail tip and many D Rings to facilitate many carry options

Thx Paul I love ya :)

Old gargoyle on top of a stone wall at my house as a background

FBA93DAF-CB19-4048-A2D5-AC2CF2F67679-2329-000003275B82BFD7.jpg

CB1525A1-4B85-4FC0-9728-2028A4FB57A1-2329-00000327628965BA.jpg

CE5DA931-8ECC-49D3-B481-FF03451C36FC-2329-0000032757FF859D.jpg

Our own WillyDigger fabricated the black and white skull bead which is a nice match to the black and white handle. Not that the sheath needed any further adornments, but I think it looks cool and gives it a kinda tribal vibe

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...s-and-Other-Custom-Work-v-2?highlight=Khukuri

Last edited:
You guys are going to keep costing me money!! :p

Fantastic looking sheath!! I'll get back in touch w/ Mr. Long now...

A sheath both practical and a work of art - not every day something like that comes along.

Amen :)

When the black leather strap is added the versatility and heavy duty construction makes this a package that is just awesome in every way

My friends, I have had some communication from some of you concerning a sheath like Joey's. Below is some information....please read and help me help you.

1. Whether you have already contacted me or not, please contact me again and this time I will log it in as a CONFIRMED order.
2. Since these are being delivered on an as ready basis, let me know when you have actually received the knife, or that you already have received the knife.
3. I am fairly well loaded up from the Arkansas show so delivery times will not be as fast as usual.
4. These sheaths are not really very economical with regard to efficient use of materials, a lot of waste due to shape, so they will not be inexpensive. Call me for a quote if you like.
5. I will not need your knives as I have a working pattern from making Joey's sheath.

My contact information including email and phone is below in my sig line.

Paul

Joe and Paul - that is a BITCHIN' SHEATH!!

Bob

It's actually as bad ass as the Khukuri :)

A rig like this is what these Khuks should be riding in

I will be wearing it at Blade @ Matt's booth as long as he doesn't fire me :)

I spoke with Paul to have one made exactly as pictured, as soon as I saw his post above. I agree. The whole rig is bitchin'.

Hot Damn! Killer sheath to compliment a smokin' knife.

Thanks for being point man on this, Joe. I'll be in touch Paul.

:cool:
What a fantastic scabbard for an equally astounding blade !
Congrats, Joe !
Great work, Paul !

Doug

Guys

After speaking with Paul and Jason we do believe to get the best possible fit you should send your blade to Paul

These are hand made and there is subtle differences from piece to piece

The way these sheaths fit if the tip was off a quarter of an inch or so the sheaths could not fit correctly

Also the retention flap is better to fit in person

So for a perfect fitlease call Paul about sending it in

Thx

We just want everyone to be happy with the final product :)

Back