The Birth Of A Fighting Khukuri (UPDATE)

Sound like a good excuse for a road trip since he only lives about 150 miles from me.

I always love coming back to this thread to look.

I am still kicking my self for passing on this project. I had the opportunity, but was not sure I could move what I would have had to move, fast enough, and at the price to be sure I had it covered. This came right as my first custom slip joint was being finished, and I bought new cold weather gear for snowboarding (I was about 12 years overdue for new stuff!).

But, I can still watch this thread, and be happy.

Just got these images of my Kuk outfitted in Paul's GREAT Baldric sheath... Nope, this is not Joe's Kuk, but mine... :) Should be here this week.

KukampPaulLongSheath_zps127570e2.jpg

KukampPaulLongSheath2_zpsc6327486.jpg

I'll have to measure myself and send those in to Paul to make the leather strap.

Joe... do you have any pics of your Kuk and sheath as you carry? I've never had a Baldric Rig so still a little unclear how I should carry... I am a righty so assuming you are as well I'd love to see some pics of your rig over your shoulder versus on your chair. :) Thx!!

Eric I am a horrible model but here ya go :)

6fb8dd3f8d2709269404ef4c28247fbb.jpg

c4ee31a770f3c5b29893efb88887f8f7.jpg

b146ab858e19e561d8f527d7c8c17ff4.jpg

You can run it more vertical and hook it to your belt and the shoulder strap acts like a suspender

But hanging like in the photos is how I use the set up most the time. About where a sword would be

Just throw it over your shoulder and roll

You can also throw it across your back

Eric,

That looks great, just like I thought it would, fantastic package !
Thanks for the pics !

Joe,

You wear it well. :thumbup: :cool:

Where's your armor ? :D

Seriously, thanks for the carry images. :)

Doug

Very sweet setup. Man, that sheath and knife are fantastic together.

Joe, love the weapons room. Every man needs a temple dog to guard the goods. Your boy is an outstanding example of "don't mess" serious canine.

Thanks for the pics Joe! Looks great and as mentioned... so does your 'weapons room'!! :)

There are some really cool people on this forum who I'd love to get to meet in person and hang out with at some point in my life!!

Your all way to kind :)

There are a lot of very good people on here

Here's another view

Guns003.jpg

5abb2e520423096d16264f698c443a26.jpg

Last edited:
All I have too say, is that Joe makes turtle necks look good!

Ha!

When I saw the pic of Joe modeling that knife and sheath, the music from Right Said Fred kept going through my head.

"I'm Too Sexy for this Knife.........Too sexy for this sheath...........Too Sexy for this shirt!"

Really though, Joe, it looks like you have way too many toys for your own good! I sure hope your home owners insurance is up to date, and you have documentation for everything.

My cousin's home burned down years ago, and he found out that his home owners insurance was only "adequate" for his firearms etc.

Great pics Joe!! And my wife and 'family' think I have a lot of weapons... Ha!!

BTW, what does your wives jewelry box look like? ;)

i've never coveted another mans room...... :blue:

I wonder if there will be another piece this year that will top Jason's khuk and Paul Longs sheath, this is the one thread i keep coming back to :thumbup:

Joe - That's an impressive weapon collection!!!
My jaw almost fell to the floor..... :eek:
I can tell you have a BIG passion for hunting bows and Japanese swords as well as modern rifles :)

Geir

Thank you guys

Bigfattyt

I had just come in from the woods running my dogs. The turtle necks are a staple of of my outdoor layers :)

Eric & I can not pronounce your name my Californian and Korean brother :) thank you for the kind words

Meier 66

Bows and Japnese swords have been a huge passion for me since I can remember

I grew up shooting and researching all aspects of both

I have a military weapons in a large safe that is not on display

Thx again

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics Joe. Nice to see your mug. Makes things a little more personnal, something sadly lacking because we interact mostly using this digital medium.

As for the weapons room (or rooms?), well now my little knife rack on the wall just looks pathetic. :(;)

Back