The Case Barlow is BACK

I REALLY want to like these. I REALLY want to have a USA made Case barlow. I just can't get on board with the setups they have on these; unusual / unappealing colors and jigging, terrible etches on the blades and bolsters, and worst of all shields (not to mention that they're not pinned).

I'm sure that's a nice knife. But with the shield and etch on the blade, I think that I'd rather have a Rough Ryder in smooth natural bone... unfortunately. For a quarter the price.

Agree with you here. Why put a case shield when it says case on the bolster...a lil over kill if you ask me.

Last edited:
I'm not really convinced by the proportions on the Spear blade, it looks rather weedy and half-hearted when you consider the bolster and handle. Nothing like a TC Spear which compliments the whole frame.

Last edited:
I picked up an antique bone as well as a smooth yellow synthetic, both are smooth and sturdy. The antique bone is now my favorite EDC for dress slacks. Much better spring tension than on any RR version I have handled. Great to have a well made knife of this pattern from an American factory back in production and in my pocket!

Was watching a Case knives Shot Show video by Late Boy Scout on youtube and this caught my eye.
8RhMDwr.png

I visited the Case website the other day hoping to get some information on a 22087 that I have, and saw the Barlows.
Both of the two blade versions are "Sold Out".
Will Case make more, or is/was this a "special run" not to be seen again for decades?

Everyone here knows that Case Knives tops my list of favorite knives but that sad, I think the new generation at Case has lost or is losing their sense of tradition to some extent. I watched several Shot Show videos and one of the spokesmen for Case was a youngish guy that never once used the word "Tradition" in his interviews.
I'm wondering, if in the Case Executive Meeting when they were discussing bring back the Barlow, that some young, pimply faced, intern didn't say "Eeeeeeeeeeeee don't forget the shield. We gotta put a shield on the new Barlows!!!!"
Yes, shields have been put on Barlows in the past but not to this extent and yes, I'll probably buy one or two but there just isn't the aurora of "Tradition" with these new Barlows that there has been in the past.
My .02¢

I visited the Case website the other day hoping to get some information on a 22087 that I have, and saw the Barlows.
Both of the two blade versions are "Sold Out".
Will Case make more, or is/was this a "special run" not to be seen again for decades?
Check out other dealers .

Harry

Back