The Case Barlow is BACK

"Out for delivery" !!!:D Holding my breath I get a good one.. Have not bought a new CASE sight unseen in a few yrs because of their hit/miss issues..:rolleyes:
John
I would not hold my breath if I were you. You might not be here when it arrives.

It came.. I am a victim of CASEs misunderstanding of sawcut handle.. :rolleyes: Bi-directional.. Other than that.. The F&F, coloring, centering are top notch.. Its a keeper here and in the rfp.. :D:thumbsup::D
John
Upload some pics! I kind of like the vertical saw cut.

My pics are too big and I don't do Imgur..:oops:
John
At least you tried. I too have a constant battle with down sizing pictures :eek:. I’ve had pretty good luck using the image size app on my iPhone and changing the size to 850x 850 I believe.

Got a 20yr old flip phone..:oops: Whats an app?;)
John
From a guy that still uses a flip phone like Captain Kirk had on Star Trek, I too have a hard time downsizing my pictures and I do use IMGUR, which is very easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Sure would like to see your knife though. I have two of them and both have something goofed up on the covers but are ok and not worth the effort to send back.I have pictures of them in this thread, somewhere, big pictures too.

Mine came today. I am very pleased with the overall quality of Case’s build on this knife. For the price it is stunning. I may have to get a BoneStag version.

img_7606.jpg

img_7607.jpg

img_7608.jpg

img_7611.jpg

Size comparison with my Pemberton.

This is an extraordinarily well done knife by Case.

By the way, the pulls are just right.

Last edited:
Mine came today. I am very pleased with the overall quality of Case’s build on this knife. For the price it is stunning. I may have to get a BoneStag version.

img_7606.jpg

img_7607.jpg

img_7608.jpg

img_7611.jpg

I only see one thing wrong with it. They spelled Case upside down and backward too.

Very impressive knife. :)
I find the Case Barlow a tad small and I like the pen on the mark side; but wow, CV and that brown bone! :thumbsup:
I'll be getting one some day.
Thank you. Yeah a extra 1/4” would be about prefect. I had to make sure I got one before they are put back “in the vault” again. Wish they had other scales options available in CV.

img_7606.jpg

img_7607.jpg

img_7608.jpg

img_7611.jpg

By the way, the pulls are just right.

Nice one!! I’d be happy to have that one in my pocket:cool:

I got carried away with these Barlows!! Case finally left off the little shields and made some respectable logos on the mark bolster -a real Barlow IMO. The Red one is not a true red, but it's a nice color, the Stag is pretty darn good; the Peacock Appaloosa is great! And the sawcut is very traditional - nice!!! These are presents for upcoming family things, so nice going, Case! After shunning them for a long time, I have sent them some money!!!
New Case 2019 1.jpg

I got carried away with these Barlows!! Case finally left off the little shields and made some respectable logos on the mark bolster -a real Barlow IMO. The Red one is not a true red, but it's a nice color, the Stag is pretty darn good; the Peacock Appaloosa is great! And the sawcut is very traditional - nice!!! These are presents for upcoming family things, so nice going, Case! After shunning them for a long time, I have sent them some money!!!
View attachment 1180498
:eek::eek: Nice collection Charlie! I have a peacock appaloosa on order, hopefully it’s as nice as yours. :D

View attachment 1180498
Nice collection there, at first glance those could be mistaken for vintage Case :thumbsup:
I know that Case will likely consign these to the "vault" again, but I hope they continue to release new ones in the meantime. I especially like that XX stamp on the Appaloosa.

Still enjoying my sawcut :thumbsup:

IMG_20190815_132225.jpg

Have you seen the latest Sheppard Hills circular/catalog?
I have one on my coffee table right now, and there is some fine stuff in there this go round, including the Barlows :thumbsup:
I'm especially attempted by the giraffe bone series, but the prices :eek:

Back