1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by bluemetalchurch, Sep 7, 2014.

1. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Are you being serious about a potential damascus insingo? Or are you just here to get everyone all riled up and ripe for disappointment?!?

I want specifics, verbatim. If possible.

2. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    Don't have the photography skills some of you guys have here. Just a quick and dirty cell pic of my insingo with the daily carry buddies.

[​IMG]

3. awd_xtc

awd_xtc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Could this really be true? I better break out the AMEX.

4. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    To me it sounds like if it is true it would be way down the road. I think I'd be more excited for some new inlay options and some new steel flavors (non s35vn)

5. awd_xtc

awd_xtc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Is there talk of a different steel? I'd be all over a m390 or s90v insingo....make mine a knife art carbon fiber exclusive

6. TTTis

TTTis

Mar 8, 2010
    I'm being serious, but likely won't happen for a while..... possibly a very long while. It has been brought up multiple times and they do want to produce it, but current backlog on damascus is just too great. They don't want to create an even longer backlog for a new blade profile in damascus. So they want to catch up on their dam orders before launching something new. Great news they are talking about it, but unless more damascus can be made much faster.... they are going to have that backlog for some time probably.

Correct, was told it has been on the table but far away.

7. Anarchy84

Anarchy84 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    I asked CRK this question directly about a month ago. No plans to change steel, even for a speed run.

8. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    I'm going to guess adding new steel types would throw a wrench in the production process. Never mind confusion added on top of all the other products.

9. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JohnM likes this.
  10. MessOnAMission

MessOnAMission Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2016
    Over a thousand hours in Photoshop just to see what a Damascus Insingo would look like.

[​IMG]

Therom likes this.
  11. pjandyho

pjandyho

Feb 12, 2014
    Cool! I can totally understand the time you took to do this.

12. bluemetalchurch

bluemetalchurch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Happy to say that I took the steps necessary to get back into this hangout. I've got a Professional Soldier headed my way with an Insingo blade shape!

13. Anarchy84

Jul 3, 2016
    This looks amazing.

14. nbp

nbp Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    +1000!! That is pretty much my dream Sebenza.

15. Gizler00

Gizler00

Feb 19, 2006
    Whoa!! I love that

16. colubrid

colubrid Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2005
    The pants is what sets this pic apart.

Shows that these knives are meant to be WORKING knives!

Nice pic!

17. Gizler00

Gizler00

Feb 19, 2006
    I Finally have an insingo back in my pocket. A few weeks and it already has many miles put on her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Anarchy84

Jul 3, 2016
    Absolutely love the Insingo blade shape. I plan on adding a Nyala to this collection at Christmas (wife willing).

[​IMG]

JohnM likes this.
  19. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    Haha thanks. Yup, these see real work daily. I did some yard work at my mom's yesterday and used my insingo to clear some small trees and weeds. (city lot)

I'm a plumber by trade and it doesn't make any sense going to work all pretty. I wear carhart coveralls everyday, 100 percent eliminates the risk of plumber's crack too which is nice.

I think some might cringe to know what I use my knives for, but hey they're not worse from wear. To me they only get nicer with age.

20. Jedi22

Jedi22 JEDI MASTER Platinum Member

Jul 27, 2016
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk