1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by bluemetalchurch, Sep 7, 2014.

1. wisemenofgotham

wisemenofgotham

Jan 28, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    So how have I missed this thread all along? It took a new friend to lead me here....

My first Insingo and first with Micarta inlays, bought as a user to be a user. Fell in love with both the blade shape and the inlays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    HST likes this.
  3. kilogolf65

kilogolf65 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Just got this small as a user off the forum here last week. Into the rotation it goes. Has some great pocket-wear patinia, some shine on the edges which I think make it look great. And the stop pin has the grooves in it. Kinda like that.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  4. Glock Guy

Glock Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Here are 2 of my favorites!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

JohnM, willard0341, Ironbut and 3 others like this.
  5. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Glock Guy, I see you have the Inkosi Insingo. How smooth is it? A free dropper? I have the Seb Insingo and it is ridiculously smooth but my drop point Inkosi is nowhere as smooth and nothing I do will make it so. I would like to get the Inkosingo but not if it is as stiff as my drop point.

6. Glock Guy

Jul 28, 2012
    @Mrgauth Actually I don't have that one anymore, but it was NOT a free dropper. I think, due to the design, the Inkosi/Zaan/25 really won't be as you are tightening the pivot against the actual washer, where as with the Seb's you are tightening the slabs against the bushing pivot. I don't think I've ever seen a "free-dropping" inkosi, as you would have to run the pivot much looser than most would want.

The Inkosi's I've had have all been very smooth, just in a different way than the Sebs are.

7. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Thx Glock. I suspected as much. Yeah, I better stick with the Sebby. If they would put the bushing on the Inkosi and I would have the last knife I would ever need. But alas. So, if I want a CF I better stick with the Sebbie because I love how it just feels like it is on bearings and there is no screwing with a perfect pivot tightness.

8. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Nice bump @Glock Guy . Forgot about this thread. PSX_20171225_160301.jpg

9. PNWhovian

PNWhovian

Jan 16, 2015
  10. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jul 27, 2013
    16F1B7C7-D53B-4A14-A442-81CCF42A6B5C.jpeg

JohnM, HST and Glock Guy like this.
  11. HST

HST Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 2, 2015
    After I figure out my sharpening system, an Insingo blade is in my immediate future. I have to focus on my sharpening system, for now.

12. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I just checked my 2 25s, StarTac, and Inkosi (all larges) for free-dropping. They are all, of course, smooth as glass.

My new 25 StarBenza is the smoothest, freest out-of-the-box CRK I've handled. It came to me as someone else's safe-queen, so it's factory, was as BNIB (not-so-much anymore) as could be, and free-drops with no encouragement.

My PJ 25 has been tweaked by replacing with CRK grease with W10 NanoOil on the washers and W85 in the pivot as well as having a tiny amount taken off and the washers polished as is my practice with my 21s. It won't free-drop as it has a lot of lock-bar tension and its near-to-impossible to get the ceramic ball to clear the blade tang.

My StarTac is factory and won't come close to free-dropping as its lock-bar over-travel stop won't let the ceramic ball leave the tang.

My Inkosi is also factory, but will free-drop with the tiniest amount of encouragement and I think were I to take down the washers about .015 mm each that it would free-drop easily. The difference between the 25s and Inkosis is the floating stop-pin on the latter, which enables the pivot to be adjusted without the slabs being held by the nearby screwed-in stop-pin.

All that said, I'm not really that interested in having my CRKs free-drop, but do like them to be free enough to flick out easily and to close with an index finger flick.

Glock Guy likes this.
  13. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
  14. Josh K

Josh K Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I'm getting a ton of use out of this picture.

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

15. Glock Guy

Jul 28, 2012
    @Josh K That looks great!

Here's probably my favorite Insingo pic of all time...
    Ice singo.JPG

lzeplin, dropback, PNWhovian and 4 others like this.
  16. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    Polished the blue off my thumbstuds this morning. I'm loving this Inkosingo! It's like a cross between my 25 and my 21 Insingo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

18. Slasla73

Slasla73

May 3, 2017
    [​IMG]

danbuff, dropback, bhyde and 3 others like this.
  19. untytled

untytled Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2014
  20. 91bravo

Jun 29, 2008
    I'm gonna have to try me one of those inlaid CRKs...

MarriedTheMedic likes this.