1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The CRK Insingo Hangout!

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by bluemetalchurch, Sep 7, 2014.

1. MIKE969

MIKE969

Feb 2, 2014
    Well, it's been over a year since I wrote that post, and I've finally broke down and ordered a plain small 21 insingo. I was lucky enough to find one brand new for $350 (I gather that CRK had a price increase since the small 21's are now $375). It would appear that the dealer forgot to apply the price increase to the knife.

Not to say that I've been actively looking all this time, but the small 21 insingo seems to be quite hard to find in Canada, new or used.

Can't wait to finally put my hands on what I believe is the ultimate EDC knife, for me anyways! Will report back when it's in hand!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    TTTis likes this.
  2. TTTis

TTTis Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2010
    I prefer the insingo (small 21s below) in use and looks. The blade closed IMO, makes the small 21 look more complete...a bit wider. I also believe it makes the knife easier to handle and deploy having a little extra blade sticking out past the pocket clip.

Really can't remember if I posted these in here or not. One is my user and one is my backup. Was able to get the small idaho made logo on these starbenzas. The only thing that will ever knock these out is a damascus insingo....if released.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DRLyman, TRfromMT and Murphjd25 like this.
  3. kmj153

kmj153

Mar 9, 2010
    Nystagmus likes this.
  4. kylemiller

kylemiller

May 18, 2016
    Where can I get those thumbstuds?

5. TTTis

TTTis Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2010
    loon#r, halden.doerge and kmj153 like this.
  6. bluemetalchurch

bluemetalchurch Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'll update with some pics tomorrow. Feels good to have an Insingo in the pocket again. :)

Gizler00 likes this.
  7. "Havoc"

"Havoc" Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 20, 2016
    I just recently decided to pick up a Large CF Inkosi Insingo.....Love this Insingo Blade shape.
    Not sure why I waited so long!

Since I never really looked for the Insingo Blades I never really noticed till now...
    So why is it that the large Sebenza 21 Insingo hardly EVER gets any CGG love!
    I can’t seem to even find one unless someone posts a pic of one already owned.

We need to go VFR direct to CRK on this issue :D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  8. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006

Really missing my small insingo. Reluctantly had to part with it last year and lately I have really been wanting another.

9. bluemetalchurch

Jan 4, 2014
    Treat yoself!

I'm really happy with the large in my pocket. The small is a bit small for me.

10. bluemetalchurch

Jan 4, 2014
    Updated the OP - I love this knife!

11. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    PSX_20181024_102419.jpg

Carried just about everyday for a couple of years but the new REK thumbstud made it pretty much perfect.

12. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
  13. Spikediesel

Spikediesel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Something about a large 21 Insingo that just grabs my attention. I've sold off my small 21 Insingo and my large Inkosi Insingo but this one is staying with me for the long haul.
    [​IMG]

bluemetalchurch, loon#r and DRLyman like this.