The Flea Market Mung Absolution Thread

I am a total airhead, you are absolutely correct!!! Boots! Tall cowboy boots! I'm on it! Thanks for the reminder!

Will, we have already been down the shoe box road. You have to buy boots for the Comp. Cuttesr and Bishops.

I am a total airhead, you are absolutely correct!!! Boots! Tall cowboy boots! I'm on it! Thanks for the reminder!

They'll probably fix in my 14EEE shoe boxes if you want to send them to me for safe keeping.

I got the movie reference too. But this whole thread got started because we were calling people out. I wanted to make sure it is clear to trestle that his comments are not a problem here. Like I said, it's all mung, and it's ok here.

Carry on, brothers.

Michael

Oh yeah, the mung comment was general and just me having a laugh. Not directed at trestle. I only quoted trestle so I could mess with xxkcxx. ;)

Last edited:
No, it's all good. This is where the mung should stay and then the Market can be free of the crap that just went down last night. My comment was pure mung and Kirkwood played it perfectly. This is the kind of humor we all tune in for.

Airing out PMs in public should be saved for G, B, and U.

popcorn_smiley.gif

Can we ALL stop crapping in Andy's sandbox and get back to sharing what we all agree on: Andy makes some incredible knives!

svla4QL.jpg

(And I take some lousy pictures!)

Michael

Developing a nice patina there P. Michael. Would it be wrong to use your BC for breaking bread during communion? just a thought :D

In my humble opinion, I think this mornings events and disrespect could have been avoided. I say this knowing and realizing that we were all new here at some point. But, how do we learn what's appropriate behavior and what's not? By being told, that's how. Remember this is a forum. Your views and ideas are always up for discussion, debate etc. One that travels in these circles should posses some thick bark or at least learn to not take things personally. When reading text, one should not assume attitude, tone, hostility or that somebody is trying patronize them. I'll admit that this is a hard concept to grasp. I've taken things the wrong way before and have cowboyed up and apologized like a man. I was new here and I learned my lesson of "how to tread in certain circles" the hard way. I was jacked up and shredded. The things that were posted in that thread were down right disrespectful, hurtful and patronizing. It was tough, let me tell you. Instead of blaming the forum and everybody else for what happened, I took it as a lesson in knowing your place and listen to those that know and more importantly- learn to take a hint for goodness sake. I blame myself for the shredding.

I think the noob would have benefited and learned a lot faster, if instead of clouding things up by posting comments like "Leave the poor guy alone..." and "We were all new here..." or "be nice to the guy...", we could have backed up what others were trying to tell him. I'm not saying disrespect the guy, but maybe a nice PM or comment in the Flea Market would have helped him grasp things a bit better. Instead some of the "leave the guy alone..." comments may have given the guy the impression that he could post anything he wanted in the flea market as long as it was about Fiddlebacks in general. I know that there was a few regular, respected, contributing members of this community that tried to give the guy a hint, but they were kinda shot down by the other "leave him alone" comments. I even tried to post an explanation of how from a sellers POV it's not inspiring to see non-sale comments in the flea market. What was the response? Sarcasm. Well look what happened.

Just my opinion, and I can except that it could be and probably is wrong, to some.:D

Back