The magic of the Insingo.

Cody, Thanks for the great article/write up on the Insingo. I have a large that I've had for at least 10 months and haven't gotten into the blade shape and used the knife.

I'm going to get it out today and start to use. I almost forgot, your pics were great as usual!

Craig

Cool write up Cody. I kind of hate you right now because I was about to pull the trigger on a Damascus Large 21 but now I might just end up getting an Insingo Large instead. I agree with you about the design details regarding the swedge meeting point, very cool.

-Harris

Great write up and photos - the insingo blade is one to admire. It's similar to Lespect's wharncliffes. I've considered loosing the swedge altogether for a continuous round spine but have neither the heart nor the heat treat for it. Besides, if it ain't broken...

Last edited:
Love this thread, although we need one to start showing CRK how badly we want an "Insingo 25"!

I love my Insingo. I'm glad this thread was bumped today. I always like reading about it.
Oh and an Insingo 25? Yeah, I'd definitely go for that.

I've not liked that look of the insingo, but after reading this it puts it in a whole new lite. Will have to reconsider. I have one small sebenza with tanto that I really like, but the rest are the standard. Guess I will have to stay with those for a while.

Sold! Got my first CRK, a 25, this year and loving it (I wanted to start with his most evolved design). Now I'm eying a small insigno!

Giving it a try. I've been wanting a large micarta tanto to go with my small. Tonight a purchased a large micarta with an Insingo blade. Kind of getting two knives rolled into one, the micarta look, but the Insingo blade.

My new favorite user. Micarta small with double silver thumb lugs :cool:

uhL0Why.jpg

PD5w6Le.jpg

Good stuff. I'm considering a mod to my large insingo for a large oval micarta insert. Wish they featured the insingo blade back when regulars were still in full swing.

Stacy, How did you get it with the double silver thumb lugs? Wouldn't mind that for mine.:)

He did!! It went quick. I've been checking the sales forum frequently looking for either a CF insingo or a micarta inlaid insingo. Must have missed his post by an hour or so. Arrrr...

Didn't you just sell a small insingo?

BTW- Congrats on going gold :)

Yes I did I bought the small while wanting the large. The next day a large popped up so I bought it.
I really wanted to keep both but my new CZ-Sp-01 came in so I let the small go.

The "I need more" probably sounded dumb in hindsight. I want a plain small Insingo for my next one and I was thinking about when I typed it.
I love the blade shape
I think they look good together

Last edited:
He did!! It went quick. I've been checking the sales forum frequently looking for either a CF insingo or a micarta inlaid insingo. Must have missed his post by an hour or so. Arrrr...

I had IM's as soon as I hit the refresh button. I had two offers within maybe 3-4min. on a Monday near midnight.... Crazy
One guy did say that he called KA and they expected the small CF Insingo back in stock soon if that helps.

I had a hard time deciding which to keep once I had both in front of me I could have been happy either way.

Mc556, thanks for the info, good to know. Maybe i'll just wait til KA gets the smalls in stock. Nice looking pair by the way. The cz-sp-01 reminds me of my old Beretta .40

Back