The magic of the Insingo.

Kidcongo. This thread inspired me to try an insingo. I was indeed "on the fence". I love the elegant lines of the clip point, but I am beginning to see the hidden beauty of the insingo. Here is a pic of the one I picked up. It should arrive in a few days. I'm looking forward to putting it though the paces as my main edc for a while.
uploadfromtaptalk1428411088769.jpeg

I just got one too. Small insingo with micarta inlays. Has not left my pocket since i got it about 2 weeks ago. I always thought the insingo was ugly but now i love it and can't put it down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 98
I just got into CRK knives last December and it was the Insingo that made me take that leap. And I absolutely love it! Since my first a small micarta inlayed ... I now have a large plain and Large Micarta Insingo along with a couple others a 25 and a Tanto. But the Insingo is still my favorite and one of my EDCs switching with a ZT 0770 which has a very similar look and feel for use.

All the points the OP made are right on point this knife is as capable as any I have for most any task ... nice write up .

Great write up Cody. :thumbup:
Been reading this thread for sometime here and have joined the ranks of CRK insingo users for about a month and it truly is everything mentioned above. Just a fantastic hard working knife and one of my favourites.

Some adventure pics of mine...

Last edited:
This always happens to me with crk designs.

First I think, inlays on a sebenza 21? (only seen the 21 inlays at that point) That is kinda ugly, why did he seperate them instead of doing one big inlay?
Now I love the design. African / Indian flair or what not, its just cool. Hate the 25 inlays now. So curved. Ehhwww.

Saw the insingo blade shape. Thought to myself. Too long for handle. Looks retarded. wtf ever. Read your post and suddenly I like it. I mean like want to check it out kind of like it. The X design element intrigues me.

Very strange effect, this.

Only crk knives I loved from the get go are the 21 reg, mnandi, pacific and the PS in regular.

Oh yea and the sikayu. I'm a hobby cook gone wild. I would own both but once I saw the thickness I just couldn't. So sad, I reeaaaly love that design. Refreshing.

Been reading this thread for sometime here and have joined the ranks of CRK insingo users for about a month and it truly is everything mentioned above. Just a fantastic hard working knife and one of my favourites.

Awesome photos. Thanks for the compliment!

Nice combo with the 10/22 Takedown and the micarta insingo. Great minds think alike. Now I just have to get my micarta insingo...

Handled a Large Micarta Insingo at a cutlery store in Columbus today, and I simply MUST have one. I could see it rendering much of my collection obsolete.

My large Insingo is by far the most used of all the knives I own. The combination of the blade shape along with the ease of sharpening makes it and ideal EDC.

imagejpg1_zpsd262da96.jpg

I think I have made up my mind, and my next CRK will be a Large Micarta Insingo. After having the small insingo, I absolutely love the blade shape. Also, the small plain sided absolutely disappears in the pocket. I do, however want a beefier blade for some real work, and I think the Large Insingo fits that bill.

Of course then I'll have to get a Small Insingo to keep it company later on... :p

Kidcongo. This thread inspired me to try an insingo. I was indeed "on the fence". I love the elegant lines of the clip point, but I am beginning to see the hidden beauty of the insingo. Here is a pic of the one I picked up. It should arrive in a few days. I'm looking forward to putting it though the paces as my main edc for a while.
View attachment 531986

CF Large inbound now... will eventually add a Large Micarta, which is what I really wanted, but snagged a good deal on the CF for now.

I'm just past my first month carring my large CF and I have to say I really love this thing.
I've carried it everyday since I've got it and it really is a great all around blade shape much better than what most would think.

At this point I've used it for basic tasks along with a little food prep it's really a great slicer. Now I am not the type of person who would do a review but if this knife is within someones budget I can't think of a better choice.

Completely agree. Mine went straight to RFP after a quick bath and blade centering adjustment. This is the easiest carrying "big" knife I've ever touched.

Back