1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The magic of the Insingo.

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by kidcongo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Small Insingo with big brother Zaan.

2. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Nice pic, especially since I've been thinking how amazing an Insingo-bladed Zaan would be. I would HAVE to have one if such a thing were ever offered.

3. delkhouri

delkhouri Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2007
    I love my Insingo. I don't know how it compares to other Sebenza or Chris Reeve Knives as I don't have any but for everyday use I do not see how the Insingo can be beat.

View attachment 536897

4. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    LG micarta insingo inbound. I really wanted double lugs but a nice member here had a beautiful looking single lug for a great price. I previously owned a LG plain insingo but sold it to fund something else. As I was selling I knew I'd be getting a replacement for sure. Love the insingo. My first inlaid sebenza as well, really looking forward to it!

5. swarthys

swarthys

Apr 8, 2015
    Thanks for the write-up. I am strongly considering my first CRK purchase, and I really like the looks of the Insingo blade. It looks like a really useful blade shape.

6. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    If you are favorable to the looks, you'll LOVE the performance.

7. darknessman10

darknessman10

Mar 10, 2015
    Same here! I can't stop myself from refreshing the for sale forum every 5 minutes looking for a large micarta insingo (With double lugs if i'm lucky!). Good luck to you!

8. marthinus

marthinus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 10, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. marthinus

marthinus KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 10, 2006
    Reblasted the handles while I was working on a personal project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. flyingjon

flyingjon

Jul 18, 2014
    Nicely done. I've reblasted a couple of mine before. I used finer sand and it left a bit smoother finish. I like it better than the factory blast. It's more like a bead blasting.

11. marthinus

Dec 10, 2006
    email inbound.

12. flyingjon

flyingjon

Jul 18, 2014
    Haven't received anything yet.... Jonathandensz at gmail dot com

13. Zeta33

Zeta33

Jul 13, 2014
    Havent carried mine as much lately, but I still like it a lot.

[​IMG]

14. marthinus

Dec 10, 2006
    Strange. Sent it trough BF. Will try again.

15. Padron26

Padron26 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Ive loved sheeps foot style blades ever since i started carrying everyday. About 17 years now. Back when we were alowed to have knives in school. For some reason i was always finding a way to deter myself in getting a insingo.
    I just recently finally got a insingo and man do i love the function and look of the blade.

Ive always carried clip point styles and a few tantos.
    Everyweek i ship a dozen or so boxes, make my dogs boiled chicken twice a day and use my knives for general purposes.
    So yhe clip point is very handy at doing those things. But i find myself always using the belly of the blade. And its always the first part to start to get dull.

When i started using the insingo it works out that i use the majority of the blade. Its awesome for work style stuff for me, the only time i dont like is when im using it for preparing my dogs food. I always end up cutting through plates plastic and paper. Its justthe angle of the blade and tip.

But then again i carry 2 knives always so its not really a issue.
    Since my first insingo in april last month i got another a week or so ago. So they do grow fast on you. Be careful ;)

16. Glock Guy

Glock Guy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Just got this today. Birth certificate says April 30, 2015, so it's hot off the press.

I absolutely CAN NOT believe how smooth this thing is. We're talking Mo Better Butter smooth here!

I don't see this one leaving my pocket any time soon!!!

[​IMG]

17. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Very jealous. Nice pick up.

18. ice_man

ice_man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 16, 2014
    aaaahhhh the insingo is pretty addicting... I am looking into getting my 2nd one, but BHQ still has no stocks on them Small Insingo with CF inlays... :(

19. ridgeline

ridgeline Think Twice - Post Once

May 10, 2009
    The insingo is definitely on my short list, really looking forward to getting my hands on one. My local dealer has one on hand that I've been thinking about an awful lot lately.

20. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Speaking of the insingo, does anyone know what the extra cut out is for on the large micarta version? My large plain didn't have said cutout.