The "Name that Plant" Game

I'm only giving one hint for this one: not edible.

pic20q.jpg

If Dougo doesn't know this one, than atleast we know the thread isn't stupid:eek::p

I am at work. Without my frikkin book, it's hard to figure out plants that I've never seen.

I was just kidding Doug. Most of the guys posting in this are from the N.E., so these are plants that I have been studying.

When the West Coast guys post, I am clueless.

I was just kidding Doug. Most of the guys posting in this are from the N.E., so these are plants that I have been studying.

When the West Coast guys post, I am clueless.

Yea I know...I get 'em every now and then, but not much of this stuff grows in TX either...sigh...one of these days though...:D

Sorry for the delay, went out with friends after work today (yesterday :eek:)

Aquacopter for the win :thumbup:

Sorry for the delay, went out with friends after work today (yesterday :eek:)

Aquacopter for the win :thumbup:

Theo...just for my own info, where did you find that pic of poison ivy? It doesn't look like any that I could find...

Tony and I where discussing this the other day.

PI will often vary its shape to mimic the plants in the area it is growing.

Nasty little bugger that it is. :eek:

Big Mike

”Scaring the tree huggers.”

Forest & Stream

It came from the website of Wildman Steve Brill. He does local foraging tours :thumbup:

Damn! that is a handy lil website...thanks theo...

and bigmike, I guess I bere notice it as I am one of the fortunate ones who is desensitized to the urishol. I don't go out looking for it, but I spend considerable time stomping through the woods of Texas and have yet to notice an ill effect. I know, I know...I could get it one day, but I did the "leaf treatment" :eek:

Just a suggestion - if you're going to post a picture, subscribe to the thread so you will know when somebody has responded and you can give a yea or nay - that way the thread won't bog down. :)

Doc

I love this thread!

Just one minor request: Could we get more info on the identified plants? Guessing and getting it right is one thing, but let's raise the bar and educate each other as well. I'm here to learn. :)

Keep up the great work everyone! :thumbup:

Back