The new Condor Warlock

I had been bugging Joe to have Condor make a repro of the engineer's bolo for a couple of years now, so I guess being persistant paid off. :p

I had been bugging Joe to have Condor make a repro of the engineer's bolo for a couple of years now, so I guess being persistant paid off. :p

:p Lol no you haven't. You suggested it once! Condor decided to make it after they obtained one of the original 1950s version, to honor the design.

Last edited:
I think the South American handforged blades trump the Taiwanese stock removal competition in just about every way.

I like the expanded line, and the J.F. designs are appealing and seem well thought out. The Condor Borong is a beast, I love it, though I had to put my touches to the shape and handle, the stock material and HT were spot on and made the whole project worth all the time. The Taiwanese Borong possibly slated for the same project didn't cut the muster sitting next to a distal taper.

attachment.php

I like all my condor knives.

:p Lol no you haven't. You suggested it once! Condor decided to make it after they obtained one of the original 1950s version, to honor the design.

I recall a few. :p

It's a distinctive historic design, though, so I'm sure they would have made it anyway. :D

Any scheduled release date for these bad boys. I too will be getting an engineer bolo, I'll rename it my Minya Machete. Now that i know the Condor names are Godzilla references i will have a Godzilla collection.

Baryonyx - any idea when you'll get more Rodan's in stock? Just put an order in for Thai Enep knife:)

Sorry for the thread hijack, WE NEED A CONDOR SUB-FORUM!!!

Any scheduled release date for these bad boys. I too will be getting an engineer bolo, I'll rename it my Minya Machete. Now that i know the Condor names are Godzilla references i will have a Godzilla collection.

Baryonyx - any idea when you'll get more Rodan's in stock? Just put an order in for Thai Enep knife:)

Hopefully in just a couple of weeks. The Rodan is a favorite of mine, so I try to keep them in stock as consistently as possible! Your Enep will be going out first thing Monday! Thanks! :)

Sorry for the thread hijack, WE NEED A CONDOR SUB-FORUM!!!

Amen to that! :D:thumbup:

Loving the look of these new blades - really excellent range. LOL Lochnessmuk

Definetly spending some $ on Condor in the near future

Last edited:
I've got some spare Rodans I need to get rid of, PM me and I'll trade/sell cheap. Release dates look to be around April.

April is actually a good release date, will allow me to catch up my condor collection with my Kershaw/ZT and Spyderco collection.

I have the golok and love it. I'm trying to decide between the warlok and boomslang.

I would be getting both but I'm trying to get a 3 gun setup going.

Since buying the Golok (14") (then another one), Condor has found a way to keep dragging money out of my bank account. I like em! The Warlock looks like a heck of a chopper. The Hudson Bay is a sweet knife. I can't explain exactly why, but I just love the little beast. I picked up the Pack Golok at the Blade Show. I was pretty excited to get that one.

I have the golok and love it. I'm trying to decide between the warlok and boomslang.

I would be getting both but I'm trying to get a 3 gun setup going.

I don't have a warlok yet but i do have a boomslang and golok. Don't know how much use i would get out of the warlok aside from funchop but i have got good use out of my boomslang. It carries pretty easy. If you're going to get the boomslang i would suggest grabbing one from 42blades. His "special grade" IMO is really worth it.

And good luck with your 3gun setup. I remember my first was simple, mossberg500/Glock34/Spike AR. Then i got a FNH SLP/RRA Predator. Then Benelli M3. Eeesh it gets expensive:(

Since buying the Golok (14") (then another one), Condor has found a way to keep dragging money out of my bank account. I like em! The Warlock looks like a heck of a chopper. The Hudson Bay is a sweet knife. I can't explain exactly why, but I just love the little beast. I picked up the Pack Golok at the Blade Show. I was pretty excited to get that one.

I think the nice thing about the Hudson Bay is that it has a spine thick enough to make the blade very stiff, but the full flat grind makes it a wicked slicer. The width of the blade gives it the ability to chop and also creates an integral guard of sorts without creating clearance issues against a flat surface like a true guard would. The handle is contoured enough for a secure grip, but is non-specific so it can be held a variety of ways. In spite of having a nice belly at the tip for sweeping strokes, it has a relatively centered and usable point. And it's just long enough to also baton very nicely should you be into that sort of thing. :)

I don't have a warlok yet but i do have a boomslang and golok. Don't know how much use i would get out of the warlok aside from funchop but i have got good use out of my boomslang. It carries pretty easy. If you're going to get the boomslang i would suggest grabbing one from 42blades. His "special grade" IMO is really worth it.

Thanks, man! I actually just got a Special Grade one done the other night. I believe the most recent wave of production has corrected the obtuse factory edges (like, 35 degrees per side :eek: ) but "old" stock is still cycling through distributors so until I'm reliably getting them with thin edges I'll keep Special Grading them. :D

. I've had my eye on the golok as something I might give my parents for their cabin, but never really looked at most of the rest of their line.

I own the tapanga and the golok myself, and both have proven to be good field blades. The golok batons well, but doesn't work as well on brush likely do to its shorter length and thicker blade/steeper edge grind. On wood or heaver materials, its a real champ. My only beef is the grip shape; its thicker than it is wide, and that feels a little awkward. I also find it more fatiguing after extended use. Still, as far as performance/durability, condor REALLY stands out to me. Go for that golok. I do would not go backpacking without my Condor...

I've got a pack golok - and after knocking the square corners off the handle to make it a bit more teardrop shaped, it's been a phenomenal chopper.

Forty two blades or Joezilla. Need some info regarding the Condor machetes. Do they make one strong enough with a thick blade to hopefully build a log cabin? I am looking for a good chopper and a great machete.

Thanks,
MJ

Back