The Official Lanyard Thread

Tigerden Tigerden , one thing that often works for me on tight beads is pull the outer cord jacket back 2-3", cut the inner strands off, then pull the jacket back out. Burn the ends and while still melty, pull them away from the end of the cord with wetted fingers to create as thin a point as possible. Put one cord through first, stick the other pointed end in the hole, then push the two toward the bead while pushing and twisting the bead back towards the cord, using the cord already through to help work the other along until you can grab it.

Thanks for the information Chazzy. Very nice explanation. I'll give it a try.

Lanyard Pics .jpg Lanyard Pics .jpg Thanks to Chazzy for some sage advice on getting beads through 550 paracord. It wasn't easy, lots of twisting turning and burning but I think they turned out well. The Shiro petal bead was bought here from a forum member.

So i’ve cruized this thread multiple times...it’s now time for me to participate. ChazzyP ChazzyP
DE4C92ED-5549-4492-B414-477AFA863376.jpeg
I’m definitely a fob over lanyard guy, and also only have fobs on select knives. These are a few.

Tigerden Tigerden

I have two Rinkhals actually. :) a white and blue giraffe bone, and the warthog i picked up at blade. Excellent quality. Absolutely no complaints.
The giraffe bone may go up for sale...i really dont NEED two. Lol.

tumblr_pwajosVxE41w97nd1o1_540.jpg

New knife, new tail. I really like this 550 blue and black paracord and will soon need to replace the current hank. The knife is the Sigma by Russian master blacksmith and cutler Andrey Biryukov. The bead is a Dmitry Sinkevich large "Gaudi" which I've had for a few months before it found a home, sandwiched between two False Turk's Head knots. I really like this style of backspacer with the integral lanyard attachment which I also have on a number of Shiros, my Cheburkov Scout, and my RHK MP1.

InfRooc.jpg

GhTdEEr.jpg

H1t0X59.jpg

Back