The Official Lanyard Thread

Idk... kinda big ain’t it?!

2786-C270-E479-43-DA-AA8-A-4-F6805-D31-DF7.jpg

I think ginormous is the proper technical term for that one, Kmikaz3 Kmikaz3 . I like how you only used the hole on the clip side, though--neat trick. It lets you keep the fob and starting loop short but still flop neatly out of pocket. With a long lanyard that big Plague Doctor bead could pick up some momentum and do some serious damage to your leg.

I think ginormous is the proper technical term for that one, Kmikaz3 Kmikaz3 . I like how you only used the hole on the clip side, though--neat trick. It lets you keep the fob and starting loop short but still flop neatly out of pocket. With a long lanyard that big Plague Doctor bead could pick up some momentum and do some serious damage to your leg.

Lately, i prefer smaller fobs, too long can get in the way like the lanyard on my Norseman. Imo, i like to preserve the show side and a small loop is much more neat and clean rather than a bigger loop going through both holes which is also intrusive to the show side, for the lack of better words. The fob/lanyard is also not in the way, should i disassemble my knife. That’s why i always use the clip side hole. ;)

And as for that plague doctor bead, i suppose you may or may not know a way to shrink it, toss it the dryer and hope for shrinkage? Maybe? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
For my knives I am liking the Diamond knot/Snake knot combination but on my key chains I still prefer the Diamond sandwich around the bead, just feels/looks better to me, here's my latest knife, arrived today

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Also just got that colour paracord this weekend and I'm liking it a lot, must be the Navy side of me as it's more grey than green that they called it.

G2

Looks great Gary!
I like the smaller stuff lately also. A little harder to bend on some ties but fits into lanyard holes so much easier.

Here's a keychain I just finished up, includes two Infinity Knots below the two Diamond knots and Viking Rune bead sandwiched between the Diamonds.

I think I'll try one of those Infinity knots on a knife lanyard at some point, it's a neat knot, tricky to get just right :(

Have a great weekend folks !
G2

On my lanyard for my Rough Ryder slip joint I added a neat small bead at the end of the snake knots, the bead is just the right size that the melted ends of the paracord are wide enough so that it doesn't fall off but you can pull it off if you wanted to. A nice little accent piece I thought :)
and this paracord colour is becoming one of my favourites, I guess too much black paracord makes anything else look better ;)

G2

On my lanyard for my Rough Ryder slip joint I added a neat small bead at the end of the snake knots, the bead is just the right size that the melted ends of the paracord are wide enough so that it doesn't fall off but you can pull it off if you wanted to. A nice little accent piece I thought :)
and this paracord colour is becoming one of my favourites, I guess too much black paracord makes anything else look better ;)

G2
Diamond and snake knots make for a great combo. My old man likes it.

Got this diamond and snake knot combo idea from our friend Gary Graley. Takes a bit of effort to adjust the placement of the diamond knot, but it’s definitely satisfying to pull off. You just need to track where the slack goes and pull up or down as needed.

q7tM3OQ.jpg

Back