The Official Lanyard Thread

Kmikaz3

Gold Member
Basic Member
CE9-FE170-2-FE4-478-E-8-CA5-5117784-A4640.jpg

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
I'm quite pleased with my new Klotzli Swiss Border Guard, but the knife came stock with a pretty sorry excuse for a lanyard.

2iUECWM.jpg

Needing a bead that was an appropriate match I swapped out what I had on my ZT0801BW, replacing that with a nice piece I'd stashed away from my favorite Slovenian beadmaker at the Artsy Craftsy site, the bead and black cord in keeping with the knife's stealth vibe.

1otLKVN.jpg

In turn the recycled bead went onto the SWG along with some bright green/black 550 tied up in snake knots--a long, slender tail for a long, slender knife.

8fk6j5h.jpg

MIBLOnl.jpg

bflying

Gold Member
I'm quite pleased with my new Klotzli Swiss Border Guard, but the knife came stock with a pretty sorry excuse for a lanyard.

2iUECWM.jpg

Needing a bead that was an appropriate match I swapped out what I had on my ZT0801BW, replacing that with a nice piece I'd stashed away from my favorite Slovenian beadmaker at the Artsy Craftsy site, the bead and black cord in keeping with the knife's stealth vibe.

1otLKVN.jpg

In turn the recycled bead went onto the SWG along with some bright green/black 550 tied up in snake knots--a long, slender tail for a long, slender knife.

8fk6j5h.jpg

MIBLOnl.jpg
I love that revolver cylinder bead. Would pair nicely with my ZT 0850. Looks perfect with the 0801 also.

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
I love that revolver cylinder bead. Would pair nicely with my ZT 0850. Looks perfect with the 0801 also.
Thanks. :) I bought that at the same time from the same maker as the round striated bead that's such a good match for my CKF SSE. I was looking for something dark and didn't have a specific home for the revolver bead at the time--just liked it. I'm really pleased with it on the 0801. Interesting that you mention your 0850 as that's a Rexford design too, in collaboration with Sinkevich.

bflying

Gold Member
Thanks. :) I bought that at the same time from the same maker as the round striated bead that's such a good match for my CKF SSE. I was looking for something dark and didn't have a specific home for the revolver bead at the time--just liked it. I'm really pleased with it on the 0801. Interesting that you mention your 0850 as that's a Rexford design too, in collaboration with Sinkevich.

Just realized why the color on your cylinder bead looked so familiar. It reminded me of my own Ultra-Lite Titanium revolver.

f4xhEwV.jpg

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Just got this small fixed blade in, did a cord wrap around the handle, using some 11 inner stranded paracord and also my bobtail fob using a diamond knot and three snake knots, my fav combo right now ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Kmikaz3

Gold Member
Basic Member
Well add a lanyard to a ZT 462. Looks actually very nice even though you’re not supposed to put one :D. Super hated the Shaman lanyard hole, tried once and the lanyard snagged on the blade path.... Deep carries solved all those issues and look good!

253-BE29-D-E02-B-487-D-A371-946554-E6-A7-C5.jpg

3596-D6-B1-3920-4271-8113-E2-ACDAD4-EEC3.jpg

Last edited: