The other ZT no one is talking about! ZT0456

IMO the 0456 was the most eye catching design of ZT for 2016.

I don't think it's fair people are judging this knife so harshly..... I'm sure once most handle it, they may see the light. Most people that have seen me use it are taken by its looks when I use it in public and makes for a good conversation....to me its like a mini 0888, praise doesn't get any higher than that!

Also, that pivot needs to be seen in person...pictures do not do it justice.

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I just think it "looks" kinda cheap. I just don't like how overall shiny it is. It's needs some texture like G10, CF, wood, blackwash, etc. Something. Maybe to modern looking?

That being said, I'm sure the build quality and performance are the usual ZT standards or more.

Exactly what I thought. Too gaudy for my taste.

Last edited:
Despite some of the mixed reviews, I've got one on the way--super excited! I like the solid feel of a heavier knife anyway (one of my favorite things about the manix 2 is the solid liners and additional heft)! Will report back my thoughts when I have it.

IMO the 0456 was the most eye catching design of ZT for 2016.

I don't think it's fair people are judging this knife so harshly..... I'm sure once most handle it, they may see the light. Most people that have seen me use it are taken by its looks when I use it in public and makes for a good conversation....to me its like a mini 0888, praise doesn't get any higher than that!

Also, that pivot needs to be seen in person...pictures do not do it justice.

I hope you are right about people seeing it in person. I was starting to wonder if I was just completely off the mark on this one as I absolutely love it and truly thought others would too.

I love the 456. I can even stand the previously mentioned "rim job" on the pivot. The only thing that keeps me away is the freakin' blue colour.
It is everywhere. Every company that wants to add some "wow" to their titanium folder lineup goes straight for the blue. Too boring for me. Thats why i bought 0450cf.
All i can do is wait for ZT to make it in some new version next year.

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk

For me I really like everything about the knife except the pivot. I do not mind beefy/ heavy knives, in fact the ZT 301 is still my favorite knife.

The pivot is just too ornate for me. Not saying it's bad or ugly just saying that it's not for me.

IMO I wish they used the pivot from the 0770CF or 0562.

Since blue is my favorite color, it's a plus for me. As I said before, the only deal breaker for me is the all metal scales, both sides. I've had too many of those slip around in my hand when my hands are sweaty or there's any other moisture present.

I rarely consider a knife that doesn't have G10 or some textured scale on at least one side!!

The only thing that keeps me away is the freakin' blue colour.

So a few weeks ago I posted about the ZT0804CF and actually loved the dialogue it created. This time I am curious as to why there is so little talk right now about the ZT0456. The only thing I could see as a turn off to some is the weight of the knife for its size. Outside of that this knife is stunning to look at, flips great, fit and finish are top notch, premium steel and cuts like a razor. Not gonna hold back on this one, this is my favorite new knife to come out in a very very long time. Those that have them, what do you think? Those that do not, what is stopping you from getting one?

https://flic.kr/p/GEsVEw https://www.flickr.com/photos/57703464@N02/

I really just think it's not a good looking knife. It doesn't do anything for me, which is strange for ZT - I usually like their designs, though I don't own any of their knives anymore.

Last edited:
I like the ZT 0456 a lot but ultimately not to carry! Nice blade shape, premium steel, blue accents and great contoured 3D titanium milling. It feels great in the hand and flips great. However, at 6.3 ounces for a 3.25" blade it's just too heavy!

ZT 0456 with Blue Anodized Aluminum Hardware and ZT 10th Anniversary Blue Anodized Aluminum Pen!

d49eca4d-ef29-406c-9f3c-21792d119026_zpscc3dot5b.jpg

ba226b7b-1442-4b8c-bf35-d13bf7de076f_zpsleplsv8x.jpg

This is actually one of those orders that I'm really anxious for....have to wait till the end of the week. [emoji16]. Hope I survive.

I really like the blue accents, and think it's very complimentary to the design. I'll be able to verify that in a few days. But now it looks like I'll need to pick up that pretty blue aluminum pen also. You know, just to round out my color coordinated outfit....

qzepas.jpg

Oh, and this would look nice with everything.....

170343_01_lg.jpg

••••••••••••••••••••
People are Strange, When You're a Stranger....

I hope you are right about people seeing it in person. I was starting to wonder if I was just completely off the mark on this one as I absolutely love it and truly thought others would too.

I love the looks of the 456 but I just bought that anodized 0095 from you. :)

It looks like the 456 is a touch bigger than my 770 and weighs over twice as much. Is it the 456 thick in the hand?

I felt that it also was a little like a beefy 0770 too, thanks for the images.

how thick is the edge just above the bevel? if someone can measure that, I know that's sometimes kinda hard to do, but it's a good bit of info to know.
G2

I have one on the way. Though I would like for it to be bigger (I tend towards the larger models; I edc a ZT0600), it's not a deal breaker that it is the size that it is (my favorite backup/secondary edc is a ZT0900). I like the blue accents. I seem to recall hearing that they are blue DLC coated Ti. Which is correct? Anyway, really looking forward to checking this one out!

Last edited:
@whitty - this post unexpectedly made me look at the 0456 more recently and it has started to grow on me.
I've been wanting an all Ti handled 2016 ZT models and looks like the 0456 and 0220 is now the likely candidate(im a sucker for thick blade and 0095 unfortunately has much thinner blade than i expected). Can you help:

1. Show a size comparison pic of the 0220 and 0456? I follow ur instagram ;)
2. Tell me whether the pivot & the clip of the 0456 is Ti or Aluminum?

Thanks.

ZT website says the blue backspacer is made of aluminum. I thought the pivot and clip were also aluminum but I'm not sure now so I made an inquiry to ZT.

ZT website says the blue backspacer is made of aluminum. I thought the pivot and clip were also aluminum but I'm not sure now so I made an inquiry to ZT.

Yeah i saw a youtube video saying there are aluminum but don't remember which one. I kinda hope the pivot is Titanium/Coated steel, but most likely it's the same as the backspacer. Bummer if that's the case, as i have a weird habit(more like OCD) of cranking down my pivot screw, and Al is just bad choice for pivot and clip in general.

Back