The " Roosters " are crowing for the " Farmers"

AFAIK the TCC knives were an SFO of SMKW . . . wow, sorry, had alphabet soup for lunch! ;) :D

I remembered his name Jeff.
It was Lynn Watkins who SFOed the farmers jacks,I don't know about the other Titusville pattern or patterns.I bought a TCC farmers jack from Lynn at the Parker Show in Sevierville and spoke to him about them a few years ago. I assume a family connection with SMKW, as Tony Watkins was a SMKW tv host. He also had the nice Hickory Hills knife rolls.

I guess they made a cotton sampler too,see below.I think Lynn may be Tony Watkins Daddy ,don't know for sure. Titusville Cut. Co. discussed here:

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.co...p?f=2&t=7818&hilit=titusville+cutlery+company

Thanks Duncan, it takes a real collector to see the beauty here, but I agree.

Bill Howard and Charlie C adopted me, as I have adopted this pattern. Thanks Jamie

One of my all time FAVORITES, 2015 Lick Creek freshly stropped:thumbsup:
94umQT.jpg

uhk8I7.jpg
I love the jigging and the color on these. It looks like it is at least 50 years old and has been used everyday. I’m on the hunt for one.

Mine looks too pretty. I need to get some patina built up so it will look a little “tougher”.
1AA46F6B-F49F-43C9-8AD7-8883B074B68F.jpeg

The antique yellow and the smooth ivory have both been well received Trav. Thanks for the kind words.

Actually the jigging prototype was more like those diamond sailors knives Charlie SFOed, but circumstances beyond anyone’s control changed things.

The antique yellow and the smooth ivory have both been well received Trav. Thanks for the kind words.

Actually the jigging prototype was more like those diamond sailors knives Charlie SFOed, but circumstances beyond anyone’s control changed things.
Thanks for the response. The jigging on Antique yellow version is definitely unique among GEC’s offerings. It has to be one of the most chaotic patterns, which is good. Also it looks pocket worn so that contributes to the “old” knife look. I have #92 Eureka Jack with jigging that is somewhat similar.
4B5D6A83-E04C-4187-82B0-4D26F8C111D2.jpeg

Do you ever think there will be another round of your Lick Creek 38's?

Last edited:
I haven't talked to Bill about it, but I know it was a tough job setting up the grinder for the pruning blade.

I'd love to see another run of this beautiful knife pattern . By the time I showed up these were all long gone. I bet they would sell like hot cakes :thumbsup::cool:

I've been seeing more of these 38 Lick Creeks on some bid sights but they have gone for much more than I want to pay. So, if you have one perhaps we could take a look at them here again.
I did order a 38 garden knife with the maroon micarta. That'll hold me over for a bit. I'll post it when it arrived this week.

One of my all time FAVORITES, 2015 Lick Creek freshly stropped:thumbsup:
94umQT.jpg

uhk8I7.jpg
I have Paul and Harry and Lyles beautiful collections, pictures and information to help pull me into this pattern. Paul was very helpful in providing some information and helping me to look out for acquiring this beauty.IMG_3715.PNG And with it in it's more natural habitat.IMG_3716.PNG Now I have to figure out how to get one of those oldies but goodies like the many that Lyle shares with us.

I have Paul and Harry and Lyles beautiful collections, pictures and information to help pull me into this pattern. Paul was very helpful in providing some information and helping me to look out for acquiring this beauty.View attachment 897896 And with it in it's more natural habitat.View attachment 897897 Now I have to figure out how to get one of those oldies but goodies like the many that Lyle shares with us.
What a beauty!!! I mean this one just has everything:thumbsup: gorgeous bone (already feels pocket worn) simple but classy bar shield:thumbsup: slim carry with two extremely useful blades:thumbsup: enjoy my friend and I look forward to seeing it's character develop:cool:

I have Paul and Harry and Lyles beautiful collections, pictures and information to help pull me into this pattern. Paul was very helpful in providing some information and helping me to look out for acquiring this beauty.View attachment 897896 And with it in it's more natural habitat.View attachment 897897 Now I have to figure out how to get one of those oldies but goodies like the many that Lyle shares with us.
This is prob my favorite looking one. Thanks, I'm feeling a little better already!

Back