1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Sardinian connection.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Mar 3, 2014.

1. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    I saw a video where Zimmern says that he killed and ate the goat...not sure what the circumstances were.

His knife sure looks good, at any rate. And he isn't afraid to use it.

2. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    Hi,

Another small little one from Davide STERI : san mai inox for the blade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best regards :D:thumbup:

Â

3. Âchillepattada

May 17, 2012
    Hi everybody, I hope you are all fine.

You can love tradition AND modernity as well.
    I think that with this model Roberto Serra satisfied the two things .
    It's a logudoresa by the design but with a sleep joint system. The handle is in G10 and the blade in RWL34.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C'est un cran plat :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's delivered with 7 spare screws and a made to mesure tool which helps to rebuilt the knife .

[​IMG]

Best regards :thumbup:

4. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Mr. Serra did a great job blending old and new! Great value added touch with included kit. Its interesting that he went with a slip joint mechanism, G-10 and modern screws and steel and yet still keep the traditional design lines. This one should last for a very long time.

I really enjoy all the knives you share with us from time to time!! Thank you, A

5. Âchillepattada

May 17, 2012
    It's always a pleasure to share ;):thumbup:

Â

6. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    Âchille, thanks for taking the time to share, that is an exceptional knife, beautiful. I love the choice of materials chosen to blend old and new. Logudoresa, I will have to remember that, someday maybe I will have to search for one, I really like the aesthetics of this pattern.

7. Âchillepattada

May 17, 2012
    Hi,
    Gigi Sechi recently made these two in a very nice damascus .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards :rolleyes:

8. jwolf90

jwolf90

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow what great knives, they look like they cut very well. I love the lines of these knives and there overall flow. Congrats sir you have great taste in knives.

9. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    This one certainly caught my eye, proportions and aesthetics match seamlessly:thumbup: Outstanding example.

The 'modern' you show is also interesting, a marriage of tradition and current functionality. Screws tend to bother me though...:eek: However, they can be found on old Traditional knives too.

Thanks, Will

10. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    [​IMG]
    I think my Davide STERI Pattada is feeling lonely, maybe someday I will find a little brother for company ;)

11. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Duane
    I was hoping that one would show up. It sure is a looker!!

12. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011
    I believe that it did a while back ;) thanks for the kind words my friend :) It still amazes me that such a thing could have come into my life, the forum becomes a tangible and real thing through the exchange of ideas, images, and sometimes things...

13. Âchillepattada

May 17, 2012
    Hi sitflyer, I'm pretty sure that Fausto will be able to help you to find another pattadesa , but if he is not available I can of course help you in this transaction. Davide Steri is one of my best friends and I've helped several french amateurs to acquire one of his knife.
    No need to precise that it's a friendly proposal . I'm very happy if I can make my friend's work better known.

Best regards :)
    Â

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  14. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Well spoken, my friend. It is amazing:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

15. quattromori

quattromori

May 7, 2011
    The Sardinian Connection always welcomes new members ;)
    And yes, it is a pleasure to spread Davide's skills overseas. Dealing with him for Duane's knife was a pleasure for me. Although he is not a personal friend of mine, he was incredibly kind and professional, was open to work on our specs, and the result is evidently awesome. I'm actually contacting various makers to feed this thread with more knives (now the holiday season is over), so Duane if you want to add your name to the list...you know how :rolleyes:

Fausto
    :cool:

16. Fish30114

Fish30114 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I love that sheath this knife is shown with. The knife is very handsome too!

17. Âchillepattada

May 17, 2012
    Hi ,
    Two knives from the great Giuseppe Galante , both with an ivory handle .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warm regards :D
    Â

18. Âchillepattada

May 17, 2012
    Hello friends,
    I've made a little blog as an archives of pictures of my knives and some others.
    Of course you have seen most of it on the forum, but at least you have all the pictures on the same screen :D

[​IMG]
    http://coltellosardo.tumblr.com/

Warm regards

19. Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Wonderful blog, A!!

I will peruse it often. Just went through it now and so many beautiful pieces and craftsmanship!! Thanks for posting the link and for taking the time to put this together:thumbup::thumbup::D

Always a pleasure!

20. mostho

mostho

Mar 5, 2007
    Wonderful wonderful posts, I see only now my fault!