The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

Still no response. . . Perhaps I am being a little impatient? Maybe, but the impatience seems warranted given the circumstances.

At any rate, we may need to consider the possibility that Bluey has gone missing. If that is the case, then let's brainstorm some alternative options to keep the thread alive. A new donor Delica? A collective purchase of a new Delica for the sole purpose of the thread? Or, maybe the idea has run its course and is ready to be laid to rest?

In any case, please email me directly at mostmenareruthless@gmail.com to share your ideas.

I suggest donations for purchase of a new Delica.

The photos and running comments are rather entertaining.

Regards,
FK

I have a Delica I can donate to keep this thread running if needed.. Just need MMAR to say the word.
Beyond awesome gesture uxo, particularly given the fate of our first 2 contestants. I suggest that for future "hosts" that they post their commitment to post pics and send the blade along here in the thread. Just an idea. In any event, I'm thrilled that the adventures will continue!!!

Here we go....

Let me intorduce to BF a Delica named Cam.
She was my Surf Fishing knife and general all around Do It Blade..

Don't let her looks deceive you.
Her action is SMOOTH... Edge is sharp... She has a tendency to bite through her food at times.
Did I mention she's a Hot looker.

Her she is getting a detailed cleaning.

KHEzGI7l.jpg

All dressed up with a little oil and blue locktite.

VbNshsGl.jpg

Cam
will be shipping out tonight to Polynikes01.
And as you can see from the pic below... You can see why she is named Cam

1BrO1iSl.jpg

Those of you on the list. Use her as you would your own. She's not afraid to get down and dirty.

I wish you well Cam..May you travel far....Write and post pics often.
When the time comes. Send her on to her next location.
STAY AWAY FROM BEANS...

PS...The liners are fine.. I used them in Boomer Grind Mod scales I have.

Last edited:
Glad to see this thread still alive. But very disappointed in the fate of the other two. C'mon y'all. Take the knife on adventures, post up several cool pics, and then pass it on in a timely manner.

Polynikes01

Delica is in the mail. Tracking says Tuesday.

Not much in the way of any work to be done today for Cam, just hanging out with my two kids and some of my most carried knives.
uT14zKv_d.jpg

I did get my kids a new set of bunk beds yesterday after Cam’s arrival and got to do a little cutting to open the boxes. I don’t know what sharpening method uxo2 uses but this blade is what myself and a friend like to call “light saber sharp” which is a level up from “scary sharp” lol
Well done sir :thumbsup:

Haven’t had much work to be done by Cam here on the southern Oregon coast, and haven’t had a chance to get away from the house. The holiday season has kept me fairly busy here, though I plan to make it out to the local light display before my time with Cam is over, maybe the beach, and a small marine museum my kids have taken a liking to.
I have a Pacific Salt 2, which as you all know is modeled after a Delica... but this is the first true Delica I’ve handled. I’m usually not a fan of partial serrations, but I am a fan of carrying two knives and it makes sense for one of them to have serrations. I’ve really been enjoying the size and feel of the knife and will no doubt be picking one up.
Been pairing it with my XM-18, they’re getting along famously.
I’ll try to have some interesting pictures and information on the next post.
6tHVkmK_d.jpg

hMJup4M_d.jpg

stuff_things, thank you! Means a lot for a fellow knife enthusiast to compliment my rotation.

JsQYAeK_d.jpg

hHnBS5c_d.jpg

TjEhRU9_d.jpg

Went down to one of the most popular beaches in my area, Bastendorff Beach. It’s named after a local family some of whom I know, or have known at one time. I am a commercial fisherman, and my dad has owned and operated his own vessel for the last 25 years and has been fishing for an additional 10 years before that. John (I think) Bastendorff used to work for my dad when I was younger and his son and I were friends for a time. The beach is over a mile in length and has a light house a ways past the south end. The north end of the beach stops at the south jetty of the Coos River bar, which has in the last 2 years claimed 5 lives and has been painted as a dangerous crossing by local media. When in fact it is one of the safest on the Oregon Coast because of how deep it is. Not that transiting any bar should be taken lightly, but all of those, along with all lives taken by the sea are caused by human error. One of the lives lost was the skipper of the fishing vessel that my grandfather owned. It capsized returning to port due to unknown causes.
I don’t have a picture of my Grandpa’s boat, but here’s one of my Dad’s set up to fish for pink shrimp, were now awaiting the opening of the Dungeoness crab season.
Fishing Vessel Jeanette Marrie, 67 feet long, 24 feet wide, 110 metric tons, build in 1988 by Giddings Boat Works, Charleston Oregon.
qVvLjN2_d.jpg

Back