The "Triceratops" Is Coming Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 9:00PM Eastern

I'd be interested in a close up or two of the edge to show the angle and thickness, on both sides (one of the earlier photos looked like the top edge didn't go all the way to the tip).

0.21" stock and a narrow primary grind means it's going to need a pretty fine edge if it's going to cut, and it would be very difficult to reprofile this knife for the average Joe (at least without making a hog's ear of it).

Last edited:
As a collector, wow! As a professional sharpener, yikes! A dual edge on the bottom, with a point similar to a tanto (but no straight lines), and recurve on top, all shallow hollow-ground. "Extremely difficult and time-consuming" both to make and to sharpen! But I do love a good challenge.

Be a reasonably fair test for a sheath maker, too. Mountain Mike, are you up for this?

I’m trying to decide if I’m gonna be getting one or two. I know one with green canvas is going on one of my battle belts but trying to decide if I should get another for my second belt/backup belt that currently has an SRambit ring blade

Maybe I need one green and one tan🤔

I’m trying to decide if I’m gonna be getting one or two. I know one with green canvas is going on one of my battle belts but trying to decide if I should get another for my second belt/backup belt that currently has an SRambit ring blade

Prolly should get a black handle too

need one for each finger
I'd be interested in a close up or two of the edge to show the angle and thickness, on both sides (one of the earlier photos looked like the top edge didn't go all the way to the tip).

0.21" stock and a narrow primary grind means it's going to need a pretty fine edge if it's going to cut, and it would be very difficult to reprofile this knife for the average Joe (at least without making a hog's ear of it).
same thoughts
just by the way the light hits im thinkin its going to be more flat ground than hollow

As a collector, wow! As a professional sharpener, yikes! A dual edge on the bottom, with a point similar to a tanto (but no straight lines), and recurve on top, all shallow hollow-ground. "Extremely difficult and time-consuming" both to make and to sharpen! But I do love a good challenge.

Be a reasonably fair test for a sheath maker, too. Mountain Mike, are you up for this?
I'll probably stick to a strop and stropping compound. Mostly cut paper with it in all reality.

It would be one of those "I hope I never have to use it" knives

Prolly should get a black handle too
If I knew what the green and black looked like I may would go that route since I have one belt that is all green and black. Then do a green on my Multicam belt

If I knew what the green and black looked like I may would go that route since I have one belt that is all green and black. Then do a green on my Multicam belt
Get 3, and sell the one you don't like in a few years. You should at least get your money back.

Heck, you may be able to sell it for a profit if you want to scalp people

I plan on ordering 3 with Black canvas. I think this will be a fantastic EDC and will be highly sought after by piglets of the future...

I
I plan on ordering 3 with Black canvas. I think this will be a fantastic EDC and will be highly sought after by piglets of the future...
Think your right..... one of the 4 I'm buying is for a buddy who is just low on funds rn.

I don't need 5.....

I’d recommend multiples, just in case you have to move again. 😅
Not trying to rub salt in the wound, but laugh at the past. Sorry if it stings a bit. ;)

In all seriousness, I thought I was sitting this one out. Not so sure anymore….

I’d recommend multiples, just in case you have to move again. 😅
Not trying to rub salt in the wound, but laugh at the past. Sorry if it stings a bit. ;)

In all seriousness, I thought I was sitting this one out. Not so sure anymore….
So what you are saying is I now have to buy multiple in case the movers steal my stuff again? That’s cold man 😂. And yea 18 months we are moving again and maybe retiring after that one. Who knows

I do kinda like it, but I am going to wait for the smatchet.

Back