The Undergrowth Organizer titanium blade

I'm tryin, man. I got some burly friends, they're kinda lumberjackish, maybe I'll get one of em to swing the sword around some.

Ha! I'm just kidding, do whatever you want with it, good sir. :]

I just did some repairs to the edge, and it's surprisingly easy to get a great edge on this beta titanium.
So far, I'm totally impressed by your work and with this material.
I might try and bring it down to the Seattle show next month for some show and tell, but I'll admit to being a little nervous about crossing the border with it :)

Aww thanks Lorien! I'm gonna try to be there as well, I'll be carrying around a ti sword!

that's good news :) I look forward to meeting you in person, Sam.

Oh ya, I'd love to see it.

Here are two of the other swords from the photos in thread, finished but they need just a bit of refinement to make them nicer. They are distally-tapered along the length of the blade, with solid copper guards and pommels, grips wrapped in leather.

This one is a true beast, about 33" long, very stiff and good for some serious choppin'!
zVhRVgQ.jpg

This one is more thin, delicate, and flexible, but still fine for normal cutting and martial practice. It's just over 33" oal.
Y4YPxZF.jpg

QLG1Ctp.jpg

MOS4l8P.jpg

there is a great deal of badassery here!
love the shape of those guards, and that handle wrap is super nice.
good talkin with you yesterday, sorry I had to split.

Always a pleasure, Lorien. The first of the two swords is a real heavy-hitter; imagine your TitaniLor prototype with another 7" of blade! :D

Lycosa: I went back to the small S.A.M. hammer + small press for now, because although forging takes quite a bit longer, the results are smoother and better, and I get the time back through less grinding. This allows the blades to be a bit larger as well.

Last edited:
Thank you, Sammy.
I'm looking forward to a knife from you.
You shud be getting more orders.

Word. Passion is Sam's middle name :)

BTW, Sam, I saw your text msg you sent me the other day. Where I live I don't get cell reception, so I only see messages when I leave my house AND bring my phone. And I don't leave everyday... thankfully :()

I'll be interested to see what you are working on specifically. Cheers!

Any time, Sloth! I still think you should be my first special guest for a chopping video. :D

I really like that second one, Sam. Blade shape calls to me, although it looks more like a chopper than a slicer to me. Very pretty!

Thanks WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot and Crimsonfalcon! The colorful one is off to its new home. The big one at the top is still in-shop. It's been going through some testing. Being rather large, it's amazing what it will easily cut in one swipe.

Testing video incoming.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;XhmJde9FR8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhmJde9FR8k[/video]

Nice vid Lorien - looks like it stays sharp fairly good.

yeah I'm a sword guy so one of your long blades is definitely on my want list! Super bonus - shipping it down to aussie land would be cheap cause it's sooooo light. Plus I could get some lads here to have a bash at it!

could you send me a message with pricing if it "might" be available please? Cheers!

Back