The Undergrowth Organizer titanium blade

And the sword shall be known as, Tickbane!

There is one last sword to show from this round of edged artifacts. This is the blade featured in the quenching video in this thread: a mad science stylized ninja sword, that's still getting some finishing touches! I just can't help it, I love ninjas. This sword is more like a weapon and less like a chopping tool than the others.

Sneak preview, with finished photos soon:

dKmM3kn.jpg

The Borg Sword is finished!

[video=youtube;9fpbs0-qVpg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fpbs0-qVpg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

So skinny and yet so powerful.
Thanks for coming out of your laboratory, Sammy.
rolf
rolf

Borg Sword specifications:

OAL: 31"+
Blade: 23" to guard
Hilt: 8"+
Blade thickness: 3/16" tapering
Fittings: Stainless steel and copper
Grip: Fine deerskin
Weight: 1lb 13.4oz

ZrmZUsn.jpg

5KS3VlP.jpg

E312wg4.jpg

XlY5INp.jpg

1oT528V.jpg

This sword is a nasty little bugger!

Last edited:
I must say that your alloy isn't exactly light. You are carrying as much weight for size as regular steel blades of that length. Where is the center of gravity?

Cheers

GC

The balance point is 1 1/4" in front of the guard, and the point of percussion is about 1/3 of the length back from the tip of the blade to the guard (about 8" back from the tip). The blade alloy is noticeable heavier than the ubiquitous 6al4v titanium alloy, but at least half of the weight is in the hilt, due to the solidity of the grip, and the chunky guard and pommel.

Trailing throttle oversteer ;) Kind of like a Porsche 911. A heavy pommel can add rotational momentum. A good many swords have the center of gravity about a third of the overall length, with the sweet spot a bit closer to the point.

Cheers

GC

Yes, a turn of the wrist is all it takes to send the tip whistling into action. Being a smallish-medium sized sword, it's quick, but I already miss the earlier very-lightweight swords, with slim hilt parts, and I intend to back up off of the heavy hilts just a bit. Some of my first swords were a pound or less with the balance a few inches closer to the tip. I've two straight-double-edged swords in this size (a bit longer, 34" or so) in the making that will be more trim and light.

This ninja sword's handguard, pommel and blade are all effective striking implements. One nasty assortment of metal.

I agree, Sam... the Ninja sword, real or fiction, is a potent weapon.
Thanks for your input, Glen.
rolf

Back