The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what not-red soupbone can look like (all Google finds, none are my images):

6fde3cc2497863bea77851e13f672060.jpg

OK, I really like the looks of this one.

It’s interesting- there doesn’t seem to be a wrong choice here, but it seems like folks are more drawn to options we’ve seen in the past. I suppose that the box is a little limited in that regard, except maybe @Easyrider’s “glitter on glitter on sequins on shiny metal diamond plate acrylic” option.

I keep on with Smooth Black Camel Bone, but in the interest of playing nice with others I could also throw in for brown scratted bovine bone.

Also, Lignum Vitae is a truly magnificent wood cover option:
IiSOvS8.jpg

:D
For reference, here are all the different materials that GEC has used with "wood" in the name (80 of them).
African_Blackwood
American_Cherry_Wood
American_Chestnut_Wood
American_Walnut_Wood
Ancient_Kauri_Wood
Antique_Cherry_Wood
Arizona_Ironwood
Beer_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Birds_Eye_Maple_Wood
Black_Diamond_Wood
Black_Ebony_Wood
Bloodwood
Bocote_Wood
Boomerang_Rainbow_Pine_Wood
Brazilian_Rosewood
Brown_Diamond_Wood
Brown_Dyed_Curly_Maple_Wood
Brown_Dymond_Wood
Bubinga_Jigged_Wood
Bubinga_Wood
Charred_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Che_Chen_Rosewood
Cherry_Stained_Wood
Chestnut_Wood
Cocobolo_Rosewood
Cocobolo_Wood
Coconut_Palm_Wood
Curly_Maple_Wood
Dark_Cocobolo_Wood
Dark_King_Wood
Dark_Pine_Wood_Damascus
Desert_Ironwood
Double_Abalone_Diamond_Snakewood
Double_Ivory_Diamond_Bocote_Wood
East_Indian_Rosewood
Ebony_Wood
Exotic_Mexican_Bocote_Wood
Gabon_Ebony_Wood
GEC_Snakewood
Green_Diamond_Wood
Ironwood
Jigged_American_Cherry_Wood
Jigged_Bocote_Wood
Jigged_Brazilian_Cherry_Wood
Jigged_Bubinga_Wood
Jigged_Cherry_Wood
Jigged_Wenge_Wood
Jobillo_Wood
Kiaat_Wood
Kingwood
Lace_Wood
Leopard_Wood
Mesquite_Wood
Oil_Sucker_Rod_Wood
Old_Barn_Chestnut_Wood
Old_Pine_Wood
Osage_Orange_Wood
Palo_Santo_Wood
Pine_Deck_Wood_Raindrop
Pine_Deckwood
Pine_Wood_Damascus
Pomele_Wood
Purple_Heart_Wood
Rosewood
Rough_Sawn_Osage_Wood
Saw_Cut_American_Cherry_Wood
Ship_Deck_Wood
Smooth_American_Cherry_Wood
Smooth_Brazilian_Cherry_Wood
Snakewood
Sucker_Rod_Wood
Teak_Deck_Wood_Raindrop
Teak_Wood
Teak_Wood_Damascus
Tiger_Maple_Wood
Tulip_Wood
Walnut_Wood
Yellowheart_Wood
Zebra_Wood
Zericote_Wood

Charred Barrel Oak!!! I know the BS was a unique run with these materials but i think it would be an awesome idea!

:D
For reference, here are all the different materials that GEC has used with "wood" in the name (80 of them).
African_Blackwood
American_Cherry_Wood
American_Chestnut_Wood
American_Walnut_Wood
Ancient_Kauri_Wood
Antique_Cherry_Wood
Arizona_Ironwood
Beer_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Birds_Eye_Maple_Wood
Black_Diamond_Wood
Black_Ebony_Wood
Bloodwood
Bocote_Wood
Boomerang_Rainbow_Pine_Wood
Brazilian_Rosewood
Brown_Diamond_Wood
Brown_Dyed_Curly_Maple_Wood
Brown_Dymond_Wood
Bubinga_Jigged_Wood
Bubinga_Wood
Charred_Barrel_Oak_Wood
Che_Chen_Rosewood
Cherry_Stained_Wood
Chestnut_Wood
Cocobolo_Rosewood
Cocobolo_Wood
Coconut_Palm_Wood
Curly_Maple_Wood
Dark_Cocobolo_Wood
Dark_King_Wood
Dark_Pine_Wood_Damascus
Desert_Ironwood
Double_Abalone_Diamond_Snakewood
Double_Ivory_Diamond_Bocote_Wood
East_Indian_Rosewood
Ebony_Wood
Exotic_Mexican_Bocote_Wood
Gabon_Ebony_Wood
GEC_Snakewood
Green_Diamond_Wood
Ironwood
Jigged_American_Cherry_Wood
Jigged_Bocote_Wood
Jigged_Brazilian_Cherry_Wood
Jigged_Bubinga_Wood
Jigged_Cherry_Wood
Jigged_Wenge_Wood
Jobillo_Wood
Kiaat_Wood
Kingwood
Lace_Wood
Leopard_Wood
Mesquite_Wood
Oil_Sucker_Rod_Wood
Old_Barn_Chestnut_Wood
Old_Pine_Wood
Osage_Orange_Wood
Palo_Santo_Wood
Pine_Deck_Wood_Raindrop
Pine_Deckwood
Pine_Wood_Damascus
Pomele_Wood
Purple_Heart_Wood
Rosewood
Rough_Sawn_Osage_Wood
Saw_Cut_American_Cherry_Wood
Ship_Deck_Wood
Smooth_American_Cherry_Wood
Smooth_Brazilian_Cherry_Wood
Snakewood
Sucker_Rod_Wood
Teak_Deck_Wood_Raindrop
Teak_Wood
Teak_Wood_Damascus
Tiger_Maple_Wood
Tulip_Wood
Walnut_Wood
Yellowheart_Wood
Zebra_Wood
Zericote_Wood
Wow incredible list. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the Bocote Wood 83’s!!

It’s interesting- there doesn’t seem to be a wrong choice here, but it seems like folks are more drawn to options we’ve seen in the past. I suppose that the box is a little limited in that regard, except maybe @Easyrider’s “glitter on glitter on sequins on shiny metal diamond plate acrylic” option.

I keep on with Smooth Black Camel Bone, but in the interest of playing nice with others I could also throw in for brown scratted bovine bone.

Also, Lignum Vitae is a truly magnificent wood cover option:
IiSOvS8.jpg
In for the Lignum Vitae also. One of my favorite wood.

Although we've never had a Case knife, they technically aren't out of the running. The biggest hurdle would be that we need to meet their minimum order amount of 750 knives (or however many the minimum is). I would think Case could bust out a pattern (peanut) for well under the $100 range. If that's the case, perhaps many of the members would be willing to buy 2, 3, or even 4 pieces each, in order to help get the total order quantity higher.
A CV peanut that is in almost anything other than yellow plastic would certainly get me interested especially if it is in the $60 range and i haven't bought a forum knife yet a lower price point could probably boost sales enough to meet that minimum if the chosen knife has enough mass appeal.

I hope nothing's gone wrong. This seems like a long time to leave us chasing our speculative tails.
nah.... I think they are watching this thread and laughing their asses off.... when we get tired of all the crazy "I want glittering moon rock scales with a bat-belly-skin pocket slip" kind of thing, Charlie will give us a couple of poll options to vote on.

nah.... I think they are watching this thread and laughing their asses off.... when we get tired of all the crazy "I want glittering moon rock scales with a bat-belly-skin pocket slip" kind of thing, Charlie will give us a couple of poll options to vote on.

Moon Rock covers and a bat-skin pocket slip, and I’ll be in all the way. Put me down for 9.

Also, glitter on this one is probably just called moon dust. ;)

I was thinking the same thing. You, however, put it into words and a way that I would have never thought to. Most excellent!
ETA, are you in some way related to Meako?:D

I was thinking the same thing. You, however, put it into words and a way that I would have never thought to. Most excellent!
ETA, are you in some way related to Meako?:D
Thanks for the kind words, but, goodness.... @meako is a pro... I'm strictly amateur. I'm a Jr High lit student in creative writing, to his Shakespeare....
He's Foster's beer to my Lucky Lager.... he's like, my mentor.... he's even been published! I'm bush league... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back