The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6Ez0y3A.gif
I watched this for probably a little bit too long waiting for Bugs to trick Daffy into calling for duck season.

Latest report!! Bill wouldn't mention a pattern, but thinks he can produce a knife for us in the Fall!!
I had to stay calm!! Yahoo!!!!! was my only thought!:eek::D
Many thanks to you, Charlie and to Bill for being receptive to the needs and wants of 'the porch'

Latest report!! Bill wouldn't mention a pattern, but thinks he can produce a knife for us in the Fall!!
He has about 4 knives/runs coming up so far this year, and was not about to give me any spoiler alerts, but thinks he can include us in one of the later ones. He likes our Jackrabbit idea for a knife, but no commitment exists yet, so we are still up in the air for a pattern; but it looks like a good chance we will get a GEC knife this year!!
Stay tuned!!;)

Charlie saving the day AGAIN! I am IN.

He has about 4 knives/runs coming up so far this year, and was not about to give me any spoiler alerts, but thinks he can include us in one of the later ones. He likes our Jackrabbit idea for a knife, but no commitment exists yet, so we are still up in the air for a pattern; but it looks like a good chance we will get a GEC knife this year!!
Stay tuned!!;)

Charlie, you da man!! :D:D:D

If this happens, I hope it won't be one of the dealers charging 50 percent more than the others. I'm trying to avoid purchasing anything from them.

I can't imagine it will be an issue. Isn't one of the rules laid out by @Spark that if he approves of us doing it, it must be done at no profit to the person handling the ordering process? That's what makes it a true labor of love.

It is pretty funny though. As often as I check on this thread, once I saw the last post saying "thank you @waynorth!" I had to go back like two pages to get to where waynorth had posted the good news! And his post was posted just yesterday! lol

I was like "wait, what's going on?"

Charlie, you da man!! :D:D:D

I can't imagine it will be an issue. Isn't one of the rules laid out by @Spark that if he approves of us doing it, it must be done at no profit to the person handling the ordering process? That's what makes it a true labor of love.

For me, it's not about the price of the forum knife. It's about them charging 50 percent more for all other GEC knives. When the same knife goes for $60 at one dealer and hundreds at another, I don't want to buy anything regardless of price or brand from the dealer charging so much more. In a sense I'm sure your right anyway, these same dealers are not going to step up and help out with the forum knife. It's same reason why they up the standard run price up 50 percent+, is likely why they won't help with the forum knife so it's probably a non issue.

Capn Neptune :By God Mr Waynorth ! that is seamanship ...I was sure we were set to run afoul round Point of Desperation only to be wrecked on Flounder Reef....My congratulations to you Mister...a finer piece of navigation I have not seen in many years.
Steward! Uncork a keg of my finest Port for this man. My Thanks to you Sir.

The SS Porchenbergs sails billowed and filled ,sheets snd tackles creaked momentarily until tight ....The crew danced merry jigs above and below deck...as she glid smoothly across the sea into the waiting sunrise...In the Capns cabin the helmsman unfurled a chart , his weary eyes had already tattooed a safe course towards victory.

Capn Neptune :By God Mr Waynorth ! that is seamanship ...I was sure we were set to run afoul round Point of Desperation only to be wrecked on Flounder Reef....My congratulations to you Mister...a finer piece of navigation I have not seen in many years.

The SS Porchenbergs sails billowed and filled ,sheets snd tackles creaked momentarily until tight ....The crew danced merry jigs above and below deck...as she glid smoothly across the sea into the waiting sunrise...In the Capns cabin the helmsman unfurled a chart , his weary eyes had already tattooed a safe course towards victory.
I was waiting for this! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Avast ye mateys, a finer piece of Porchenberg literature can be scarcely found. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back