The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZCoyote

Basic Member
This will be my second forum knife and I couldn't be more thrilled that it's going to be a GEC! I'll be happy with anything Bill offers us so can't loose.

Thanks again to Charlie for getting this moving!!

dsutton24

Gold Member
What would be the requirements to be eligible for the bf knife?

Not an official response, but my experience:

Generally all that's required is a minimum number of posts here in the Traditionals sub forum. They're looking for participation over and above 'likes' and single word responses, and the threashold is usually low. The goal has been to accomodate just about anyone who isn't a pain in the neck. In the past they've bent the rules for new members who haven't met the minimum number, but have a good track record.

I would think you'd be eligible.

PhilKal

Basic Member

Generally all that's required is a minimum number of posts here in the Traditionals sub forum. They're looking for participation over and above 'likes' and single word responses, and the threashold is usually low. The goal has been to accomodate just about anyone who isn't a pain in the neck. In the past they've bent the rules for new members who haven't met the minimum number, but have a good track record.

Thanks for the response!

Ramrodmb

Gold Member

And your word that you won’t buy just to resell at an inflated price. ;)

JoeGoblyn

Gold Member
Im super happy to hear this. The fact that it’s a GEC is gonna be great. The biggest thing to me is that we’re going to have a forum knife at all this year.

I don’t post as often as I’d like, but I love this forum and I’m super happy every time I carry one of the forum knives because it reminds me of all the great discussions to have and great people to talk to here.

It literally could’ve been anything and I’d proudly have it in my collection.

thanks waynorth waynorth for making this happen for The Porch.

-Joe

MolokaiRider

Gold Member
I am also pretty stoked that a GEC may be available this year.

The Buck we snagged a couple years ago was pretty nice too. I have not performed the much needed thinning of the edge grind yet.

I hope Buck can become a potential supplier for a forum knife again in the future. The 301 is a beautiful knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Native XF ad, Below bottom BC