The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
qpkepXT.jpg

I was hoping a Buck 119 or 124 maybe myself. I still think we need a classic fixed blade one year, you know, for balance.
Right now you can outfit out a 119 with S30V steel and Elk handle on the Buck website. Would make a great pairing for the forum knife IMHO.

I too would like to see a fixed blade, maybe not the 119, but maybe a Buck 102 or 117, in 5160 or standard 420HC. Or s30v if want to make it more unique. Or one of the GEC H73. Handle material? Tough one with so many great choices. Classic, maybe a nice wood like black walnut or ebony, or Osage, I have always liked mesquite but that is me. For non wood, green micarta.

Last edited:
Patience Grasshoppers.
The Crocodile does not rush to the dinner table...he waits in the rushes for the dinner to come to him..
I think there will be plenty of time to exercise patience.
Last I heard, GEC thought they could make us a knife in the Fall, it would be a variant of one of their four (?) scheduled runs, and they weren't telling us what was scheduled to run. It wasn't mentioned whether we'd get to choose among the scheduled patterns.
But maybe I missed something.

I think there will be plenty of time to exercise patience.
Last I heard, GEC thought they could make us a knife in the Fall, it would be a variant of one of their four (?) scheduled runs, and they weren't telling us what was scheduled to run. It wasn't mentioned whether we'd get to choose among the scheduled patterns.
But maybe I missed something.

That is my understanding as well. If Bill can fit us in, he will tell us what pattern and perhaps we can vote on the cover choice. But that's bout all. It will be a take it or leave it deal.

Dave

Is it reasonable to consider a back up plan if GEC cannot do this for 2021?

Don’t we still need a GEC dealer to be in the middle for shipping and money collecting?

Does the forum owner and members feel good about all the eggs in one basket?

Remember the heady days when we got to decide everything about the pattern? :(
those were the days...innovative.

Innovative is a good word. Sadly that's what made those such great knives. I'll admit I'm carrying last years more than any other except the 2013 (which remains my favorite), but that's due in part to the fact that I really like Wharncliff swaybacks (I have over a dozen including customs), not due to the fact it's special to me.

I have to say the old run up threads were definitely colorful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back