The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson A Wright

Basic Member
What about going a completely different direction and getting a Benchmade Proper with wood scales? Benchmade is a long-time supporter of BF, I believe. The Proper always strikes me as looking like a classic pattern that I just hadn't come across before.

<prepares himself for contempt and abuse>

-Tyson

1066vik

Gold Member
Bark River

That's the one brand I won't buy from.

What about going a completely different direction and getting a Benchmade Proper with wood scales? Benchmade is a long-time supporter of BF, I believe. The Proper always strikes me as looking like a classic pattern that I just hadn't come across before.

<prepares himself for contempt and abuse>

-Tyson

I would not be opposed to this.

oldmanwilly

Gold Member
I'm in for whatever the forum decides.

For something different, has anyone ever thought about some kind of fixed blade from Dexter Russell? They have a selection of traditional fixed blades in excellent carbon steel usually sell for less than $30. Does anyone have any Intel on whether they'd even consider an SFO? I think it would be really special to get a forum knife from one of THE traditional American cutlery firms.

afishhunter

Basic Member
I thought GEC stopped doing SFO's, in part because of the Covid Pan(ic)demic?

The guy at Buck who handled SFO's resigned over a year ago, so other than what the Custom Shop modifications are, nothing special from them, at least for the time being. (Yeah, that is putting the hurt on SK Blades and C&C who specialize in SFO Bucks.)

Case didn't/wouldn't talk to us because any order would be "too small".

Has the new S&M started production?
If so, how is their quality?
Do/Would they even have the manufacturing capacity to do a Forum Knife plus their regular production?

If there is a 2021 Forum Knife, I'm out on budgetary reasons, anyway, no matter what it is, or by whom.

Have fun.

CelloDan

Basic Member
Grohmann # 2 Trout and Bird

2voLjzw.jpg

abbydaddy

Gold Member
<clears throat>

It is now time for my annual request for the Bladeforums knife to be a Whaler.

Now that is done. I'm in if we are able to make anything happen this year. The 2020 turned out to be something pretty special. Every year has been interesting at least. May the tradition continue.

willard0341

Gold Member
I like the gec punch nut idea or a 3.5" improved trapper with the nicks on the correct side (mark)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.