The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 86 seems to be a little out of my normal carry range, which tends more towards smaller knives, but I can’t resist the allure of a GEC Barlow! I’m in!

Believe it or not, some of us are on BF and also FB. In fact, we have a group dedicated specifically to GEC knives where we discuss all things GEC. For sure, this knife came up in discussion.
If the rules this time are similar to past years, only members who have been a here for a few months will be allowed to order a BF knife. So there really shouldn't be anything to get concerned about :thumbsup:

Wasn't trying to ruffle feathers Darren. Not quite sure what kind of tone the "believe it or not" was going for but I will take it as positive. I am also on Facebook and pretty much any other social media you can think of. Nothing wrong with being in groups on there. I was just saying that I wouldn't want people just showing up to get a knife that aren't part of the community here. Obviously there is crossover, I'm sure lots of others besides you are parts of both groups. Wasn't implying anything about you all in anyway... Not concerned, was just making a statement.

Judging from all of the "I'm ins", and a record number of "Likes" for this thread (over 150 while I slept!!), I'd say we must keep this ball rolling!!
I'm not sure when I will have more info, but I will always post here without delay!! Bill does not like nagging!! And I don't blame him!!
Please be patient, and we will put this all together, with any choices if possible.
At this point I can only see the handle choice as a variable, The blade and bolster are pretty well fixed options (oxymoron there!), and certainly respectable !! Thanks for all the enthusiasm!!
I will do my best to make sure every regular contributor to "Traditionals" has a chance to get one. Porch members are a priority!!

As someone who’s done the forum knife before, I know we usually end up with a few no shows or extra on hand. But I feel like this should be a limit of one knife per user.
Either way, very excited to see how this all plays out.

I am in agreement that I think we're going to have no issue filling this run out, both between longtime members and Porch folks, and new folks who are going to try to score one or more of these given how much the BF #86 goes for on secondary. Expect the turnout for these to be heavy.

Judging from all of the "I'm ins", and a record number of "Likes" for this thread (over 150 while I slept!!), I'd say we must keep this ball rolling!!
I'm not sure when I will have more info, but I will always post here without delay!! Bill does not like nagging!! And I don't blame him!!
Please be patient, and we will put this all together, with any choices if possible.
At this point I can only see the handle choice as a variable, The blade and bolster are pretty well fixed options (oxymoron there!), and certainly respectable !! Thanks for all the enthusiasm!!
I will do my best to make sure every regular contributor to "Traditionals" has a chance to get one. Porch members are a priority!!

Much appreciated. The GEC #86 was my first love, and to have an 86 Barlow would solve the issue I have with the normal Barlow 15s (namely that they're too small). I will be in no matter what the details ultimately look like. :D

Definitely excited for this one, been wanting a single clip 86 since the last run. Would be awesome in ebony to go along with the Waynorth Black Jack and the 2019 86 Forum knife.

Can’t go wrong with the clip. Looks like it will be a great knife. 86’s are actually the first knife I was able to score from drops. It is a good hefty pattern I always felt it would look good as a Barlow. Super excited about this one.

That looks incredible. Looking forward to making it my 3rd forum knife! It's a really nice looking package, a clip barlow and the bolster is really nice looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back