The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
swOyOzu.gif

If you are going to have The King and the Man in Black, a George Jones model can’t be too far behind. I can see him in scrimshaw, sporting a flat top crew cut from his younger days, possuming down the road shoulder on his riding mower, his driver license a faint memory but still needing transportation to the saloon.

Oh boy oh boy! Guess what I watched with a shonking hangover just yesterday....Moby Dick...and not that new one with Liam Hemsworth ...the proper one with Peck and was that Orson in the whaling ship pulpit? with a set of whiskers so stiff and pointy as to be liken to the prow of a New Bedford whaling ship....what a ripper of a movie...and a strong lesson to those who become obsessed with things ...in this case a large fake looking sperm whale...with the most un whale like splashing ever witnessed....they turned the machine on too soon....never mind it was rich pickings for whaling talk...the like o which has nair been aheard from New Porchford to Porchenberg Harbour.

Oh boy oh boy! Guess what I watched with a shonking hangover just yesterday....Moby Dick...and not that new one with Liam Hemsworth ...the proper one with Peck and was that Orson in the whaling ship pulpit? with a set of whiskers so stiff and pointy as to be liken to the prow of a New Bedford whaling ship....what a ripper of a movie...and a strong lesson to those who become obsessed with things ...in this case a large fake looking sperm whale...with the most un whale like splashing ever witnessed....they turned the machine on too soon....never mind it was rich pickings for whaling talk...the like o which has nair been aheard from New Porchford to Porchenberg Harbour.
Wait; so it is going to be a #46 Whaler now?

I think next year it should be a Gunship pattern with a pairing blade primary and a peeler tool secondary. Gary Busey hair micarta with a Chef’s hat shield. We’ll all it “The Ryback” in honor of the 30th anniversary of “Under Siege”.

the connection to blade forums is that naturally we all love that movie.

I think next year it should be a Gunship pattern with a pairing blade primary and a peeler tool secondary. Gary Busey hair micarta with a Chef’s hat shield. We’ll all it “The Ryback” in honor of the 30th anniversary of “Under Siege”.

the connection to blade forums is that naturally we all love that movie.
Been waiting all my life to read this.

too much caffeine this morning, Jake?
I don't see any "cancel culture" here... simply porch regulars wanting to keep the Forum Knife (which is, by definition, 'special' ) as a special knife for porch members, and not flippers. Flippers are only after GEC knives to make a buck here and there... they care nothing for the knives, or the spirit of the forum.... just the bucks.
I also don't understand the dig at Dan... sounds like he was admitting he enjoyed Elvis's gospel albums... how is that a kick at someone else's beliefs?
Let's re-read posts and take a deep breath... come on over and have another cup of coffee and a cigar with me.....
First album I ever bought (when I was 9 or 10) was an Elvis Christmas album. What a voice!

This annual thread always inspires me to consider starting Great Western Cutlery Company and hire many of you as “idea” men at substantial salaries.
I can imagine the "idea shed" that we have to go "take breaks" in every 20 minutes in order to get the creative juices flowing... Either way, sign me up for an entry level position sweeping the narwhal clippings from the shop floor.

I'm in the minority and like the design of the A Wright's better.
But I'd be all-in for another GEC Lamb Run, especially if they can fix their blade orientation.
I like the A Wrights as well, I have two of them, different sizes. I just wish they could make them open/close much more smoothly. Other than that, they are very nice knives.

I like the A Wrights as well, I have two of them, different sizes. I just wish they could make them open/close much more smoothly. Other than that, they are very nice knives.

This right here. I love the A Wrights also, but I've yet to receive one that didn't obliterate my thumbnail, lol.

That being said, boy those Waynorth's sure ended up pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back