The "Whatever" Thread

OH, your driving up on Friday!

If you would like to stay Friday night, the 7th, that would be great! It's Saturday that is the problem. I am about 45 minutes from Johns shop, in Lansing Il, a mile over the border from Indiana & actually probably 45 min. closer to you than John is, if you are coming up I-65 or 41. It's an easy drive to Mokena from here, mostly Interstate and early Saturday traffic is very light!
We don't work Saturday so all is good. I get home by 4pm on Friday! I have Tito's vodka. or we can hit one of two local brewerys for a taste. Promise to get you to bed early so you are alert and don't cut your thumb off the next day!
I do have 2 dogs that serve as 5am alarm clocks.

Steam locomotive came through Mokena today, of course none of my pictures turned out.

Thsnk
OH, your driving up on Friday!

If you would like to stay Friday night, the 7th, that would be great! It's Saturday that is the problem. I am about 45 minutes from Johns shop, in Lansing Il, a mile over the border from Indiana & actually probably 45 min. closer to you than John is, if you are coming up I-65 or 41. It's an easy drive to Mokena from here, mostly Interstate and early Saturday traffic is very light!
We don't work Saturday so all is good. I get home by 4pm on Friday! I have Tito's vodka. or we can hit one of two local brewerys for a taste. Promise to get you to bed early so you are alert and don't cut your thumb off the next day!
I do have 2 dogs that serve as 5am alarm clocks.

Thanks for the offer. If I were flying solo I would defiantly take you up on it. I'm bringing my dad with me for a father-son weekend/happy early 60th b-day thing. I'll check out the hotels and make reservation this week.

Thsnk

Thanks for the offer. If I were flying solo I would defiantly take you up on it. I'm bringing my dad with me for a father-son weekend/happy early 60th b-day thing. I'll check out the hotels and make reservation this week.
What a great experience to take part in this with your Dad. Should be a ton of fun. I'm hoping I can get the chance to partake in a class but it seems my chances are running out.

I asked John to move my stretched worker back on his list because I was having second thoughts. I originally ordered the knife in 1/16" O1, but then I started thinking about stainless instead. This knife will primarily be used in the kitchen so the thin O1 would be a mean slicer, so I might just have to wait and do a stainless JK on down the road!

Cute picture of Hanna -

We had a nice rainbow after a squall came through right as we got to my grandson's t-ball game.....

Hail, lightning and heavy rain for about 4 minutes, then it got sunny.

best

mqqn

I asked John to move my stretched worker back on his list because I was having second thoughts. I originally ordered the knife in 1/16" O1, but then I started thinking about stainless instead. This knife will primarily be used in the kitchen so the thin O1 would be a mean slicer, so I might just have to wait and do a stainless JK on down the road!

i use plenty of O1 knives in the kitchen and never had a problem with them. just need to make sure to clean/dry them off after. and for heaven's sake, don't let your kids throw them in the dishwasher! :eek::D

but, i'm sure you know all this. i have heard some folks say they like the SS better, because they don't like the taste with the carbon steel knife. i've never really experienced that. maybe with a 1095 folder and an apple, now that i think about it, but never noticed it in the kitchen.

anyway. don't think you can go wrong with either. i will be awaiting pics! :D

I will cherish the day I can taste some O1 patina. I have a modded kephart on order and am in love whet the way O1 takes a patina. Mine will see most of it's use on kitchen type duties.

A worker or Bluegill in CPM154 would be awesome but I had to go with a chunk of O1 as my first.

@TVPT I noticed, or noticed the lack of any kind of taste from the O1 when I received my first JK. It did not put off any metallic taste like 1095 can the first couple of uses. I think I'm going to stick with my original plan of O1. And my wife is scared to try my current JK in the kitchen because she thinks she will cut her fingers off, can't imagine she'll touch this one either. She has small dramatic flair about her :D

An XXL in O1 works great in the kitchen.:)

kdzKdBI.jpg

An XXL in O1 works great in the kitchen.:)

kdzKdBI.jpg
You ain't kidding. Very knice.

The stretched worker I have on order will be my first stainless one from John. It just seemed like the perfect blade for stainless.
I have a feeling I'm going to love it.

I'm really enjoying this one. Not generally a big knife user but this one is pretty amazing in the hand. Kudos on the design!
2TwnniV.jpg

Ot412f3.jpg

1b6UeY5.jpg

I had John make my wife a Rule#9 for kitchen use and I have a small chefs' knife on order. Just make sure you dry them.

Before
1jdLHwr.jpg

After
SoLWzaR.jpg

I went with the stainless for my stretched. It's pretty awesome. Only seen light kitchen duty at this point though.

I had John make my wife a Rule#9 for kitchen use and I have a small chefs' knife on order. Just make sure you dry them.

Before
1jdLHwr.jpg

After

first, looks great. second though....that's the shape of the rule #9??! i mean, i've seen a lot of posts about this knife. but i guess, i never realized that it had that full curve to it. i looove that. welp, forget what i said in the wishlist thread. this is now the one i want next. thanks!

Here's one more. I love this knife, it's an amazing design. It gets used inside, but I would go anywhere with this knife and know it would tackle anything I threw at it.
ZhsRvHR.jpg

Back