The "Whatever" Thread

Okay, it's picture time again.
The snakes have all gone underground so I've been concentrating on fungi lately.:rolleyes:

nBTHms4.jpg

BgsM3VM.jpg

e0AadBL.jpg

2SN2iPC.jpg

sFli3QZ.jpg

405wkW0.jpg

t5aYlGX.jpg

se84otK.jpg

Mmm, orange.
7Lm11v8.jpg

Cg96sDT.jpg

b56HmEs.jpg

rH6FLjr.jpg

gq2WI1f.jpg

RxYZMnX.jpg

This bark looks like it melted.
DtYMxku.jpg

E4vRhhs.jpg

6EdOlPy.jpg

bD1CPAV.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics Mykel! I wish I could post pics of the deer I have taken so far this season but there are no pics to be seen. I was in a place today that had an abundant crop of acorns with plenty of water but sadly no deer. Luckily I enjoy getting out and "being there' opposed to many I know who gauge a day in the woods by what they kill. I thought I had a few good pics from today but after uploading I realized they are not very good. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Another fine photo set Mykel.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff.

Great pics Mykel! I wish I could post pics of the deer I have taken so far this season but there are no pics to be seen. I was in a place today that had an abundant crop of acorns with plenty of water but sadly no deer. Luckily I enjoy getting out and "being there' opposed to many I know who gauge a day in the woods by what they kill. I thought I had a few good pics from today but after uploading I realized they are not very good. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
Pics after the successful hunt!(fingers crossed)

I did my annual pheasant hunt with my son on Wednesday. It was a beautiful clear crisp day but there was literally zero wind so it made things a little tougher than normal. We got 8 birds all together followed by a delicious lunch of cheese curds, prime rib sandwiches and a couple pitchers of Spotted Cow!

We used to have a tradition years ago for the day after Thanksgiving. My friend Dave, his brother, my brother, and my ex brother in law, would all meet at my trailer in the country. We would cook a big breakfast around 5, then start hunting in the fields around my place. Around 8 we would move on to Dave's farm (about 1800 acres) and hunt there until around 4.
Those were the days!

Putting up outside lights today while I'm heat treating. Tried them in the garage, they worked fine. Took three tries to get them spaced right, plugged them in, they don't work. Tried another extension cord, still don't work. Need to get new lights, I must have pulled too hard on the wires. WTF.

John, my folks have started using the little lights that you put on the ground. They seem to do a pretty good job and beat the heck out of trying to chase down burned bulbs.

Still no deer pics but I did take this "what is it" pic. He was crawling around my stand yesterday morning.

That is the biggest chigger I have ever seen -

best

mqqn

Still no deer pics but I did take this "what is it" pic. He was crawling around my stand yesterday morning.
Eek!
I hate chiggers!:mad:
And Ticks!:mad:
I've been bit innumerable times by both and they are the only reason I don't miss living back east.
Well, them and the humidity.:rolleyes:

Back