The "Whatever" Thread

I meant to post this up last week. I spent all day Thursday cooking stew for our annual customer appreciation day. 60 gallons of beef stew!
uJFWxiZl.jpg

I had my stretched bluegill there to help.
cMXkuBNl.jpg

I used my modified old hickory to cut up 40 jalapenos for the hot pot. That edge needed work already, so I used it over my JK with that hard cutting board.
9ZxqbE2l.jpg

The goods.

That's a hellofalotta jalapenos, but heck that's also a hellofalotta stew, and it looks dangerously tasty. My great uncle made amazing rice pudding at his restaurant. When I asked him for the recipe, he said it only works when you make 20 gallons at a time (I tried scaling it back to normal servings, and he was right)...is this one of those recipes?

That's a hellofalotta jalapenos, but heck that's also a hellofalotta stew, and it looks dangerously tasty. My great uncle made amazing rice pudding at his restaurant. When I asked him for the recipe, he said it only works when you make 20 gallons at a time (I tried scaling it back to normal servings, and he was right)...is this one of those recipes?
Eh, stew is stew Stu.:D

I've actually got the recipe and I want to try scaling it down myself. Each pot is 15 gallons so I'm not sure what kind of measurements you get to scaling down for 1 gallon but I'll see what I can do. Ingredients list though
chuck roast
shredded cabbage
diced tomatoes
diced white potatoes
baby lima beans
vegall
corn
diced white onion
salt
black pepper
sugar
jalapenos

Anybody hunting this weekend?

First firearm season in Illinois starts in the morning. I'm back at the farm and hoping to fill my freezer this weekend.

First day of rifle season is tomorrow for me. I've been scouting some and found a couple decent bucks. Maybe I'll get lucky early but hunting national forest I've learned to expect almost anything with so many others in the woods. Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Duck season opens a week from tomorrow here. I will be working on the finishing touches on my groups blind tomorrow.

Rained a little here today - just cold and wet. Blah.

best

mqqn

Birthday party for my little girl today. She turned 4 last week, but the party is today. My wife is STRESSED. Cake, food, gift bags (I still don't understand why the hell I have to give your kid a gift to come to a party for my kid when we printed on the invitation "No Gifts, Please") for 27 kids is expensive and frankly I don't think it's worth a damn.

Nice rainy day, the Boss is working so I'm out in the shop working on a Hawk. Sounds so nice on the roof!

Back