1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

The "Whatever" Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 11, 2013.

1. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Thanks Jeff -

Accepted offer - looks like we'll be owning a house in TN.

best

mqqn

2. Mack

Mack Obdurate member Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I used to go to Winchester regularly. I love that place. It gets a little crazy when the music festival comes around though.
    Edit:
    I was picturing a spot north of there. Tullahoma is where I was going when I passed through.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    mqqn and woodysone like this.
  3. RussB

RussB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Congratulations on the new house!

mqqn likes this.
  4. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Congratulations!

5. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Thank you, gentlemen!

We have been going down for the BBQ for years, and we stay at a hotel in Manchester. We like to eat breakfast at the Tullahoma Downtown Cafe. We will be about 20 minutes from there in the new house.

best

mqqn

frontiertom, Mack and woodysone like this.
  6. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    nice!
    that's a LOT shorter drive to Blade show!
    :D

mqqn likes this.
  7. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Darn tootin'

So then, as luck would have it, and under Murphy's Law and of course 1st world problems -

Holding an 8 hour firearm safety course with 15 participants, realtor and mortgage people blowing up phone then my day job ('puter guy') starts blowing up my phone with a level 1 production-down incident.....

Other than that, I relaxed today 8)

best

mqqn

Mack, woodysone and 1066vik like this.
  8. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    Congrats on the house!

9. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012
    Jeez Andy, You can probably smell The JD Distillery from your new digs!

10. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    You see right through me. I'll be sad if you don't come down to visit.....

best

mqqn

Mack likes this.
  11. greatscoot

greatscoot "I dont know Karate, but I know Karazy" Platinum Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Finally some nice spring-like weather here.

RussB likes this.
  12. RussB

RussB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Glad to hear it!

13. B JACKSON

B JACKSON

Sep 19, 2012
    I promise to not sadden you!:D

14. frontiertom

frontiertom Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Hey John, yeah I have a S&W model 13! That was my first handgun! I had to buy that for work! It's my very favorite handgun! Before that, all I bought were long guns! There sure are a bunch out there that I would still like to have though! I am wanting to buy a Kentucky Long Rifle kit, and build it myself! I guess it won't be for a while, the old woman is holding me on a short leash here lately! Time will tell!

ft

Mack likes this.
  15. darkmatter35

darkmatter35

Aug 21, 2011
    Hope it works out for you Andy, whiskey and knives in the country.
    You'll have to invite us over for a JK gathering ☺ I should be able to make one , I'll be retired by Dec. 1st.
    Take care, John S.

16. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    I hope your basketball pools are doing better than mine, TN and Michigan killed me.
    Go Blue Devils!

17. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0245.JPG

Just posted a pic of this JK pocket Kephart in the work edc knife, anyone else use one and can share how they use theirs and like it? I would appreciate it.

18. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Very proud of my granddaughters. Hayley is 16 and works 3 nights a week as a shampoo girl at a salon to help pay her car insurance, and Hanna is 14 and volunteers at an animal shelter on Saturday mornings.

19. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Congrats on the retirement! I am sure the sky is good and dark down in TN , and you are always invited!!

best

mqqn

20. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    The knife is awesome John! Exactly what I pictured and wanted, and Once I get off work I'll post better photos.
    IMG_5838.JPG IMG_5839.JPG