The "Whatever" Thread

If anyone is interested, I recycled a couple of printers yesterday and I have 2 x 15% off coupons for HP inkjet printers from Best Buy.
Send me a PM and I will mail them out. They're good til Sept 2020.

Went elk hunting with my bow the past few days. Or as I call in stumbling around in the woods, with every step reminding me of how much I’ve aged.
Put this JK Kephart to good use.
PhmISCl.jpg

Here’s the closest I got to any elk. Lobby of the Historic Meeker Hotel.

6utdVjF.jpg

I've experienced different levels of emotional pain over my lifetime. Telling my 5 year old son his dog isn't coming home from the vet ever was one of the worst in many years.
R.I.P. Fowler, you touched all of our hearts and will be remembered forever.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Fowler, loosing a dog is always hard and sucks especially at a young age. My condolences to y’all

We had 2 dogs, Izzie is 12 and we've been concerned about her due to heath issues. Fowler just celebrated his first birthday. We had ice cream with candles. We were taking both of them to cool off in the lake yesterday evening like we've done many times this year. For some reason he jumped out the car window. It was cracked enough for him to get his head out like always. We had no idea he would jump and honestly thought he couldn't if he did try. We were at the lake and driving slowly when it happened. We had him at the best vet around within 30 minutes. X-rays showed no broken bones but the vet wanted to keep him overnight. He gave Fowler pain meds and antibiotics. We fully expected him back home this morning. The vet called early this morning and said he was doing better but there was still concern over trauma. Fowler sat up and ate a little bit of breakfast. An hour later he laid down and was unresponsive. The vet even performed cpr but couldn't save him.

That's tough about Fowler, such a young pup to go like that.

I've experienced different levels of emotional pain over my lifetime. Telling my 5 year old son his dog isn't coming home from the vet ever was one of the worst in many years.
R.I.P. Fowler, you touched all of our hearts and will be remembered forever.

Very sorry to hear this. Smoke sent for you and your family.

Haven't posted much lately. Big outrage at work and I've been here 80+ hours since Sunday. Things at home have improved some but my wife and son still have emotional moments. I'm doing my best to move forward but it breaks my heart to see or hear about my son crying. My wife has been trying hard to do better but a hand written card from the vet was more than she could handle Thursday. The kind thoughts, words, and prayer from everyone are truly appreciated.

Very sorry to hear about your pup.

I lost my Golden to cancer when she was a little over two years old and it was incredibly sad. We have a special bond with our dogs and losing them is nothing short of tragic. I hope your tears fade quickly and are replaced with good memories of the times you shared.

so this was my reply to the 440C question thread that was closed while I was typing up my response:

AEB-L costs less than 440c or 154 CM (5/32 x 1 x 48 AEB-l $25.49 and isn't covered by decarb -- 440-c and 134cm 5/32 x 1 x 36 is ~$34 and needs a decarb grind)
all 3 recommend cryo after the first temper cycle -- which can be done in a cooler with a slurry of dry ice and kerosene instead of liquid nitrogen
all 3 provide good results when tempered at 400f for 2 hours x 2 cycles.

440C has a negative reputation among buyers and users because of all the imported knives in the 80s & 90s that were being sold as 440C that either weren't, or had a bad HT, or both.

If I were to buy another fixed blade I would have been very interested in 440C.

I'm not opposed to AEB-L or 440C and I love the way O1 performs when properly heat treated. John heat treats as good as anyone. I'm still a big fan of 1095.

Back