1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

The "Whatever" Thread

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by JK Knives, Nov 11, 2013.

1. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    Jinx myself we started having controlled outages not to long but internet been down for days and typing on a phone is not for me. looks like we will be above freezing in a couple hours and days to come :D John it sounds like you need fishing waders to replace those boots :). Hopefully IL will get some better weather soon.

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    After the snow again tomorrow it’s supposed to be in the 30’s next week!

Simplejack, greatscoot and f1addict like this.
  3. Simplejack

Simplejack KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 28, 2017
    Waiting on my old school jk hiker to show.up I traded leather work for. I'm looking forward to john giving me the history on it.

4. Simplejack

Simplejack KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 28, 2017
    Super excited for my fancy oasage bluegill to I was gonna go stainless but was like na f that my jk collection is covered in patina. The O1 is on another level.

f1addict and JK Knives like this.
  5. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Now they want Jeep to drop the name Cherokee. Maybe I should drop the Potawatomi?

fishiker likes this.
  6. Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    Nah. Never change or conform to what people like. A great man said appeasement does not work.

f1addict and JK Knives like this.
  7. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I was just kidding. If that was the case I would live in Mud Turtle Illinois. (Supposedly Mokena is Mud Turtle in Potawatomi)

f1addict and Simplejack like this.
  8. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I actually live on a Potawatomi reservation.

Simplejack, JK Knives and f1addict like this.
  9. Simplejack

Dec 28, 2017
    John whats the story on this bad boy
    16141284386573626375673829491790.jpg

10. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    I’m thinking early Bushcrafter?

Simplejack likes this.
  11. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Nah, the name makes it sound like a larger knife, and it is fun to try and say, I cannot see you calling it anything else. I can understand if it was a name like the Sioux, because I think that was a name from the French that stuck. I believe they are Lakota, Nakota, and Dakota.

f1addict likes this.