The "Whatever" Thread

How did you know?

Was it my hat?🤠

Lone Star, Tx. -North East Texas, 1/2 a block from 1500 acre Lone Star Lake and 6 Miles from the 16,000 acre, Lake o' The Pines, 1 hour to Lake Fork and dozens of other lakes within 1 hour. Local gun club with pistol range, 200 yard rifle range and trap and skeet. And lately, free samples daily of what it's like in hell for weather! (but it's a MOIST HEAT) East Texas actually gets more rain than Chicago.

90 FT. tall pines and 80 ft oaks in my yard (it's Texas, the HUGE state)

Oct. 1st : if all real estate closings go as planned!

66 years and 4 months to be achieved 11/2/2022

🤠What concealed carry permit?:thumbsup:

now just gotta find a JOB!

EVERY ONE IS INVITED OUT! TEXAS BRISKET ON THE BBQ!

You told me last time I went to the shop that you were thinking about it.
How did you know?

Was it my hat?🤠

Lone Star, Tx. -North East Texas, 1/2 a block from 1500 acre Lone Star Lake and 6 Miles from the 16,000 acre, Lake o' The Pines, 1 hour to Lake Fork and dozens of other lakes within 1 hour. Local gun club with pistol range, 200 yard rifle range and trap and skeet. And lately, free samples daily of what it's like in hell for weather! (but it's a MOIST HEAT) East Texas actually gets more rain than Chicago.

90 FT. tall pines and 80 ft oaks in my yard (it's Texas, the HUGE state)

Oct. 1st : if all real estate closings go as planned!

66 years and 4 months to be achieved 11/2/2022

🤠What concealed carry permit?:thumbsup:

now just gotta find a JOB!

EVERY ONE IS INVITED OUT! TEXAS BRISKET ON THE BBQ!

congrats to Becky - those long distance relays are harsh -- especially in the current heat.

also - congrats to B Jackson on the move to Tx. good luck getting used to the humidity, and don't forget to buy a new shotgun w/plenty of shells for the skeeters.

Congrats on the escape from the Sick (ill) B JACKSON B JACKSON !!!
Best decision we ever made was getting the heck out of zombie land.
There were still tons of subjects still "masking up" when I was there a couple weeks ago.
I also didn't want to hand over $65k over the next 10 years just for the privilege of owning a house there.
Enjoy Tejas!
Best
mqqn

My neighbor knocked on my door yesterday to tell me he had backed into my Cherokee. He apologized and told me he had full coverage on his Nissan. We walked outside and immediately I could see the back quarter of his car dented and scratched up. I'm guessing he hit the heavy bumper on the front of mine because we couldn't find a scratch on it.........not a new scratch anyway.
It's good to have nice neighbors.

Yeah, I never picked up a Hurley Creek and I've regretted it many times.
Bro let's not talk about the hurley creek. Super sore subject with me. But 2 x members made it right for on 1 x member not sending me my knife in a raffle. Should have not done a leather drawing when I do leather. My fault for sure. But the pure generosity bikerector bikerector lwt me name a knife and gave me the prototype as well woodysone woodysone gave me a hurley creek with scales before I deployed to Norway. Plus to top it all off John made everything. Let's make the jk order page real again. But cash or money order so he can do knives with donations.

Last edited:
Yeah, PayPal has really gone to pot now. Part of it is the new IRS regs but it's more than that; now simply can't use the service without giving 'em your phone number. For a couple years you could skip it but they've finally become too big a PITA to bother with, especially with so many alternatives now (eg Zelle, Venmo, etc). MO is starting to seem better all the time.

Yeah, PayPal has really gone to pot now. Part of it is the new IRS regs but it's more than that; now simply can't use the service without giving 'em your phone number. For a couple years you could skip it but they've finally become too big a PITA to bother with, especially with so many alternatives now (eg Zelle, Venmo, etc). MO is starting to seem better all the time.

I finally signed up for Zelle. Paypal has become a PITA to use as a personal accoing and I canceled. Still use for my business, but I've been heavily researching alternatives.

The the other payment services are supposed to track transactions as well for the IRS reporting. And paypal owns Venmo so I'm curious if it will start to have crappy customer service like PP.

I've started doing more transactions by paper check lately, as long as the person has good feedback orI know them.

I've used Zelle in the past but there has been a fair amount of fraud cases that take advantage of their security issues. I have had no issues but I don't think my current bank uses them.

I would love to get my hands on one of those tip top end Markforged metal 3d printers or one of the top end lazer sintering 3d printing machines and have some time to mess around with em and learn how to make awesome stuff.

Back