There's just something about the 940....

After a couple of weeks the 940 is still in my pocket. It's a slender, elegant knife but at the same time it feels rugged and durable.
DSC00593_bw-L.jpg

Great thread. Jealous of some of the 940 collections. I only have the original 940 and its been a great knife for me. Its well used and been sharpened a bunch. I also had an issue which caused too much metal had to be removed thus it's time for a new blade. In fact I was just looking on the Benchmade website last night to get the information to send it in for a blade swap. Never switched out a BM blade but for my 940 its time. Process seems straight forward enough. Although I was thinking about asking for the 940-1 S90V blade but as I understand it that might not be possible. The BM website said something like….BM doesn't usually offer upgrades or blade changes. Please call...

Has anyone ever asked BM to switch (upgrade) blades? If it is possible does anyone now the cost of the 940-1 blade?

Anyway, the swap was a piece of cake - no need to disassemble handles, I just carefully removed the pivot screws and slid the blades/washers in and out.

Nice! I didn't know you could do the swap without taking the handle apart! I didn't even think to try that.

Although I was thinking about asking for the 940-1 S90V blade but as I understand it that might not be possible.

I would be very surprised if they did this for you. If you end up requesting this please let us know what they say.

This thread has me really missing my long lost beloved (and lost!) 940CFD2 - carbon fiber handle, D2 blade...that was the first time I ever spent more than $200 on a knife (I spent $450 on it, IIRC) and holy-sweet-jesus, I LOVED that thing and I used the crap out of it! And then one day it simply disappeared :'( At the time I replaced it with a normal 940bk and it worked well, but I still miss that 940cfd2 to this day.

It was offered as a gold class knife maybe 9-10 years ago...correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen one of those pop up in any of the collection pics yet. Has me thinking I lost a pretty rare, and really special knife.

I've drifted away from Benchmade in my last few years of knife collecting, but I'll always have some love for the 940. A great design all around!

This thread has me really missing my long lost beloved (and lost!) 940CFD2 - carbon fiber handle, D2 blade...that was the first time I ever spent more than $200 on a knife (I spent $450 on it, IIRC) and holy-sweet-jesus, I LOVED that thing and I used the crap out of it! And then one day it simply disappeared :'( At the time I replaced it with a normal 940bk and it worked well, but I still miss that 940cfd2 to this day.

It was offered as a gold class knife maybe 9-10 years ago...correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen one of those pop up in any of the collection pics yet. Has me thinking I lost a pretty rare, and really special knife.

I've drifted away from Benchmade in my last few years of knife collecting, but I'll always have some love for the 940. A great design all around!

There is one for sale at the moment, that I know of. Matt Wulff is selling it.

There is one for sale at the moment, that I know of. Matt Wulff is selling it.

OMG that is seriously, painfully, deliciously tempting news! Having just spent over $200 on a new knife today, I don't think I can swing it, but damn...

by the way, did you just register for bladeforums to tell me that?

OMG that is seriously, painfully, deliciously tempting news! Having just spent over $200 on a new knife today, I don't think I can swing it, but damn...

by the way, did you just register for bladeforums to tell me that?

Sure did actually. Long time lurker, been registering at my haunts this month. His example is awesome. I'd honestly own it myself if I hadn't just picked up my 940-1.

That's really cool of you to do that brother :thumbup: :cheers:

My wallet may not be a big fan of you as I think about ways to get funds together, but as far as I can tell you're a thoughtful, considerate guy...respect to you! :)

That's really cool of you to do that brother :thumbup: :cheers:

My wallet may not be a big fan of you as I think about ways to get funds together, but as far as I can tell you're a thoughtful, considerate guy...respect to you! :)

No problem man, I'd be sad if someone didn't help me out the same. Especially if it was actively for sale.

EDIT: If someone should have a 10300 Monochrome, Silver/Stainless, they need to get rid of, now would be a great time to hook me... ;)

No problem man, I'd be sad if someone didn't help me out the same. Especially if it was actively for sale.

EDIT: If someone should have a 10300 Monochrome, Silver/Stainless, they need to get rid of, now would be a great time to hook me... ;)
Awesome man! Thanks again for the thought...

I'll be sure to return the favor if I see what you're looking for :)

This picture has a vertical row and a horizontal row. The former includes (L to R) a 940, a 940-1, a 941-81, and 940BT. The latter includes (top to bottom) a 940-Ti 01, a 940-Ti, a 942 with a 943 blade, a 941-81 with a Damascus blade, a 940-1, and a 941-81.
Since I took the picture, I have uncovered 2 more knives: a C/F with a 943 blade and a 940-Ti 01.View attachment 471369

Any chance you would part with one of your 941-81?

the one posted above is mine just a different picture. meaning the picture of them in a circle is mine.

this is me!!!

but sadly it was a 941d2cf
Cool! But this only makes the 940d2cf even more elusive...

Surely someone out there has a 940d2cf, right? I'm not even asking to buy it, I'd be happy just to see a pic of one at this point ;)

Back