Thoughts on the Glock 81/78

I don't throw my M95. I gave it a couple of throws to see how it would but stopped when the tip showed some bend, which is why I suspect they are on the softer side. Mine are the old model, I have no idea with the new design and most resent offerings.
On the softer side is good as then they generally won't snap. Sharpening is easy, broken is broken.

Spear, fixed bayonet, its all pointy stuff. For all my travels I've never been threatened with a knife, nor found reason to carry one for defence. Its all so unlikely. If I was to be attacked then I either wouldn't see it coming, or I'd do my best with a thumb in their eye. I'm 51 and it hasn't happened yet. Its been a long time since I was tactically aware.
Better on the softer side but tough than a broken knife, that's for sure.
Sharpening is easy, a few strokes with the ceramic stick and it's fine again.

In general, I don't counter much aggression/violence either.
Been in the past in 'some' situations. But that was more due to hanging out with the wrong people than anything else.

Still, there are people, innocent, who do get attacked by psychopaths. By house invaders. It happens.
Because we didn't experience it so much, doesn't mean it is not there, or it will not happen in the future.

It also depends, most important probably, where one lives...
Some places in Caracas or some places in Brazil , people will have higher chances to encounter bad situations.

A former colleague I worked with in the longer past did prison time for stabbing someone in the back.
It was a random 'robbing' on the first person/someone passing by. The man survived (thankfully). He ran away, and the knife tip only went in so to speak. Not the whole blade.
That former colleague wanted to kill him , he told me. He was short tempered and high on weed.
Now he's dead himself. By bullets.
These types think they are some kind of scarface, they watch those movies many times as some kind of brainwashing they do to themselves and want to act tough. Start to deal in cocoaine, stuff like that.
Then the aggression comes back at them and it's game over.
He threatened a couple of guys in a coffeshop with a gun(in The Netherlands) and went away. These guys took the backdoor and shot him death near his car.

I wasn't really surprised when hearing that.
I could get along with him fine.
But I can with many people. But I did notice his anger management problems.
And that it could get him in deadly trouble. And told him so.
He didn't care. "Then they shoot, so what", was his answer.
Well, I like to live another day.
I still appreciate life.

Last edited:
I grew up in a rural environment and it was all dandy; no two legged critter could have found me, let alone confront me.
Youths with knives as weapons will always get the odd idiot killing another for no good reason. Knives are lethal, and the kitchen knife the most deadly. Youths with knives doing bushcraft just get educated and the most responsible of all.

Some adults just look for trouble. Most end up in jail and waist their lives there.
Yes, some places in the world life is a whole lot cheaper. I've visited a few. My luck has held out, and the best bit is that I live in the UK. Make the most of everyday, you never know when your luck might run out. Good manners go a long way to improve your luck especially with other people.

I'm a No Spin thrower, for the fun and exercise. No tactical use what so ever. My comfortable range is anything under 18ft. I fancy some Tom Tom Arrows from Flying Steel for this year.
A selection of knives I throw, though I will try most things:
IMGP9118.jpg

Last edited:
I grew up in a rural environment and it was all dandy; no two legged critter could have found me, let alone confront me.
Youths with knives as weapons will always get the odd idiot killing another for no good reason. Knives are lethal, and the kitchen knife the most deadly. Youths with knives doing bushcraft just get educated and the most responsible of all.

Some adults just look for trouble. Most end up in jail and waist their lives there.
Yes, some places in the world life is a whole lot cheaper. I've visited a few. My luck has held out, and the best bit is that I live in the UK. Make the most of everyday, you never know when your luck might run out. Good manners go a long way to improve your luck especially with other people.

I'm a No Spin thrower, for the fun and exercise. No tactical use what so ever. My comfortable range is anything under 18ft. I fancy some Tom Tom Arrows from Flying Steel for this year.
IMGP9118.jpg
:) Very nice set of throwers ! I don't have any dedicated throwing knives as yet :(. Still trying to practice with what I've got . I like the Yury Fedin "Wave " Style , in theory anyway . Some of the things he taught resonates with principles I learned in martial arts practice of hard style karate . Martial practice is for me mostly a path of enlightenment , hopefully . And fun .:p

Glock needs to stick with what they are good at...

That would put them out of business.

If someone gave me a Glock, (a Glock anything), I'd sell it, use the money to buy a yellow dog, and shoot the dog.

And I like dogs.

^
Well if you should find yourself in possession of some junky Glocks that some thoughtless jerk pawned off on you, then feel free to send them my way. As tough as it will be for me to accept such trash, I will do you a solid and take them off your hands :rolleyes:

I have a 4 gun system. Glock 23, Ruger 10/22, Remington 870 and my Rem 700 (.270). Can't think of why I would need anything else :)

Agreed. Most of those killings with knives are about no good reasons. Ego in play. Misplaced pride situations.
Like we can see in traffic a lot. Annoyance turning into violence. Monkey behaviour, that's what it is. Humans acting like chimpanzees.
Youth with knives doing bushcraft are on average never your typical teenage hang-around looking for trouble in bad neighbourhoods.
Those 'killers without a cause' would be too bored doing that, I would say.

Yep. Too many example of those on the news here in Holland as well.
Crime after crime. It's a wonder these people don't get life sentences sooner.
"Geboren voor galg en rad" is an old Dutch saying . Born for the gallows and breaking wheel.
I do think so too, that this is an extremely good asset to have.
People who have extreme good communications skills, in a smart/intelligent way, are able to get out of many situations.
But that doesn't mean it will always work. As you say, luck is also needed.
IMGP9118.jpg
Nice collection :):thumbsup:

Glock needs to stick with what they are good at...
That's what they do.
Making knives before they made guns.
And they are both good at one thing.
And they are reliable ..

The Glock knives can be used for bushcraft.
Some dislike them, look down upon them.
But others have used them for real and several years with good results.
They are lightweight and low in price.
I have had the so praised "Combat" Becker in the past, the BK7 and 9.
But what's so combat about a knife that doesn't penetrate that well. Being a lousy stabber.

Last edited:
Well, it seems you never used one to say something like that.
Pretty ignorant statement.
It's also a better stabber than most 'combat' knives.
Cuts perfectly fine.

Ever used one?
;) I try to ignore the Trolls :mad:. If glock makes curtain rods and I needed some that were idiot proof and indestructible , I'd have a look there first . :cool:

;) I try to ignore the Trolls :mad:. If glock makes curtain rods and I needed some that were idiot proof and indestructible , I'd have a look there first . :cool:
If special forces make good use of the Glock knife, and many bushcrafters have done too.
Then it is a pretty faulty statement, to say the least.
If I need a kidneystabber which can cut through all kinds of materials too. Then the Glock is a really good choice.
It stabs as good as the CRKT Hissatsu, I tested this myself. And the Glock knife is better at utility tasks as well .

Whatever Glock makes, it is reliable , yes. That is true.

Last edited:
Which is why I prefer the J.P. Peltonen Sissipuukko over the Glock, just a little more refined but very similar and not exactly expensive. All pretty basic and absolutely fine at doing what that kind of knife should.
I like Sig too, but happy to have a Glock. Both plenty great.

The Peltonen is more than twice the price of the Glock knife.

But it is a good knife as well.
For me the handle just doesn't work.
The ribs are a pain in the ass(/hand). Highly uncomfortable.

But the blade is excellent.
Overall , great knife. If someone has no issue with the handle like I do, I highly recommend it.

A knife that can be sharpened paper slicing sharp (the Glock knife) is good for most tasks in life.
And the Glock knife is tough.
Anybody calling it a curtain rod , is not realistic. It definitely isn't the best cutter /slicer. But it does cut.

Last edited:
:) Glock actually started out making curtain rods and knives for the Austrian army . That's what the troll was referencing . I trusted my life to my two Glock 19 's and I still would . :cool:

Back