Threating banishment.

As the title would imply I have a moderator threating to ban me. I have received no warnings nor infractions. The particular moderator and I have never seen eye to eye but lately it seems he has a bigger beef with me than normal. There was recently a hate thread started about me due to my beliefs of clone knives. That doesnt bother me. What bothers me is that certain members participating in that thread are poking and prodding outside of that forum. Some have insulted others have told me not to post in their area of the forum. I was under the impression that this was an open forum for all knife lovers. Not just those who have a certain belief and/or value system. The threat of banishment came about because there was a topic opened in the CRK sub forum specifically about Kevin John knives and i felt there was some inaccuracies and I wanted to post in the topic as seen here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...Kevin-John-knock-offs?p=12209024#post12209024

One of the members who dislikes my opinions stated this

"I find it hard to see what you think it adds to the thread. Many of us do know what is going on and understand exactly what is "right or wrong" about it. You however are quite obviously not one of those people so perhaps you should refrain from posting on the subject".

I then said this in the thread.

Can we not do this here? There is a place for your drama and you very well know where it is. I have every right to post my opinion anywhere I have access even if that means 100% of the people disagree with it. You could simply ignore it but you choose to make an issue of it. The only thing YOUR post adds is drama. You and your friends will hopefully learn sooner than later that it would be best to simply ignore me if you don't want to read my opinions. Because every time you pass up the option to do so, your only affirming what everyone knows, that you like the drama and it's a source of entertainment for you. I would say that you having over twice as many posts in whine and cheese vs. any other area of the forum pretty much confirms that. So please, keep your whining where it belongs.

I honestly didnt think this was out of line. My original post wasnt directed at him and I wasnt even promoting or encouraging the purchase of these knives. Others knowing my beliefs have come at me in other threads but have since deleted or edited their comments. Another member stated in my hate thread in the whine and cheese subforum took the argument there saying that he had every right to post what he did and that i should stay out of that sub forum.

the moderator seeing this threatened to ban me if I keep acting the way I do. So basically this seems to sum it up

1. I post opinions in various threads that many may not seem to agree with

2. A hate thread is opened where people express their disagreement in which both members, moderators and Myself participate in.

3. I continue to voice my opinion even though its unpopular seeing no warnings or infractions were issued nor was I informed any rule had been broken

4. People start taking their issues out of the hate thread and start trying to bring the argument to the threads I post in

5. I'm threatened with banishment for my actions

I understand not liking me. I understand not agreeing with me. But threatening to ban me when i haven't broken any rules? is that what bladeforums is about? We have members that their only purpose here is to sit in whine and cheese and hurl insults. They contribute nothing in the way of substance to the forum. While I do have many opinions that are controversial I try to contribute in a positive way as well. And it seems a little bit abusive of power to tell someone to shut up on a certain topic or I will be shown the door. If someone wants to come back and claim that it I'm intentionally rocking the boat I say they are wrong. I'm not looking for a fight. I'm not typing anything in hopes of a reaction outside of whine and cheese. And while I'm not looking for drama I don't understand why i should have to NOT share my opinion on a topic simply because its not what the majority would agree with. Everyone has the right to not agree with me. They have the right to dislike me. But I didnt know that meant I couldn't speak my mind.

Here is the thread started about me in regards to my position on Clone knives and counterfeits. The thread was not started due to any bad dealings with anyone and is simply a matter of a conflict of opinion and the lack of me keeping quiet about my views. The last page is where Im threatened with banishment if my actions (which havent violated any rules) continue.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...DC-is-a-total-dumbass?p=12224242#post12224242

And if disturbing the peace of the forum is my crime against the community I would have to argue that I didnt cast the first stone.

Last edited:
On the one hand, it's kind of asking for a fight to bring up an opinion that you know everyone disagrees with. That is not wise, even if there's no rule against it.

But on the other hand, if you haven't left out any details, that mod was out of line. The people who obviously want to get into an argument are also out of line. There's an ignore list for a reason, and if they chose not to use it just so they can yell at you more, I would've given them warnings and/or infractions if I was a mod. But then again, you would probably have gotten them too.

On the one hand, it's kind of asking for a fight to bring up an opinion that you know everyone disagrees with. That is not wise, even if there's no rule against it.

But on the other hand, if you haven't left out any details, that mod was out of line. The people who obviously want to get into an argument are also out of line. There's an ignore list for a reason, and if they chose not to use it just so they can yell at you more, I would've given them warnings and/or infractions if I was a mod. But then again, you would probably have gotten them too.

Well make no mistake in the hate thread about me I participated in the insulting. But I kept it there. Here is my position on my choice to voice an unpopular opinion. I felt that with the amount of time that I had developed on the forum that I was pretty safe in voicing my opinion on the topic. I in NO WAY thought I was going to convince anyone that I was right, and that they should think like me. I simply felt that my time on the forum and my contributions while not getting anyone to side with me would have at least allowed me the right to speak that opinion without a witch hunt. I obviously was wrong and regret ever speaking about it. But with the cat out of the bag i figured it would look even worse If I tried to double back and change my opinion about it. That would look like i was just trying to do damage control. Many seem to want to say Im intentionally starting drama with my choice to speak publicly on the topic. I assure you this wasnt my intentions. If i had 2 posts to my name and they were selling something or talking crap then yeah, I can see people thinking im trolling. I simply thought I had built up enough credit around here to the point that i wouldnt be crucified. Kinda like, " Ok I dont agree with him but he contributes on the forums, offers to fix peoples broken knives for free and gives advice so even though i dont like his opinions he has a right to it" type of thing. Again, I was wrong. It turned into a lynching really quick.

Honestly I dont think hate threads should be allowed to be started unless a scam took place where you ripped someone off or did actual harm to someone else or threatened to. I know the whine and cheese was created to "blow off steam" but it would seem it really has turned into something much more ugly than intended. And I have great amounts of respect to the moderators who choose NOT to participate in it. When a moderator gets in on the public bashing it makes it harder for you to accept their decisions on certain topics without thinking there is a bias involved.

Well mods are mods, they are here to do a job, I have no dog in this fight, So I'm not going to take sides I'm only going to say this, Mods can Ban you ,If you enjoy the hobby, and the forums, then I suggest If you have something to say that is going to rub someone the wrong way don't say it. Yes you are entitled to your own opinion , but so are others , this is a public forum, I suggest not "biting" every time someone says something you don't agree with, just move on, that way you won't get banned and all will be well.If you feel the need to post when you disagree with something do it in a civil manner and have valid points to back up your opinion, that's the point of a discussion , name calling and insults, do nothing in any argument, Again I have not read any of the post you are talking about I'm speaking on a general bases only. If a mod has it in for you it's best to walk the chalk line and abide by the rules , rather than get the boot

Don't know the history and there's no way I'm sifting through one of 1234's troll threads to find it, so not gonna comment on that. I will say that as a general rule you'd be better off not engaging in those threads. You're not gonna win anything and nothing good has ever come out of doing so.

I respect dissenting views and from the little I've read of your posts I can tell you wish to contribute. There are some fights not worth fighting and others that can't be won. I think you've found both recently. Mobs are not rational, and Mods are human. Treat the first with caution and the second with respect. Care more to make your points than to convert your audience. Your views have value, and you know that. Not everyone will recognize it, but some will. Some will take longer than others too. Hang in there.

Allen R. said - " then I suggest If you have something to say that is going to rub someone the wrong way don't say it". Make sure you pass that advice along to almost everybody on these forums, Allen. Don't get me wrong, I've met some really decent folks here but I have also been here just long enough to have seen the worst kind of behavior, senseless bashing, foul language, slander, and pure OCD hatred to last a lifetime. I joined to interact with like minded folks that like knives. Turns out that far to many here are nothing more than trash talking fools spoiling for a fight just because they think it's fun and it has spread to every forum category. There is a warning about W&C but their poison has spread to the whole community. There are NO safe areas here any more. I think it's a damn shame that the Moderators don't do something to clean it up. That said, I'm smart enough to know that this place really isn't about knives. It's about money. There are several other knife forums where cretins aren't allowed to say whatever they want to. The conversations are about knives and not about how many times you can run the same old tired insults through your keyboard. Let's call it .............common decency. AND they don't charge you money to participate! Imagine that. They are easy to find if you look for them. This isn't the only game in town. Biggest never meant best.

It could be that folks are just plain tired of you heaping praise upon counterfeiters and thieves.
You are entitled to your opinion no matter how unpopular it is, but you really should be prepared for the backlash that comes with it.
The mod in question is also a representative of a world class knife manufacturer, so he has a greater stake in this than the average person seeing as how his livelihood and not just his hobby is being threatened. How are you surprised that he threatened you?
In my opinion, everyone, especially the mods, has been very patient with you.

Allen R. said - " then I suggest If you have something to say that is going to rub someone the wrong way don't say it". Make sure you pass that advice along to almost everybody on these forums, Allen. Don't get me wrong, I've met some really decent folks here but I have also been here just long enough to have seen the worst kind of behavior, senseless bashing, foul language, slander, and pure OCD hatred to last a lifetime. I joined to interact with like minded folks that like knives. Turns out that far to many here are nothing more than trash talking fools spoiling for a fight just because they think it's fun and it has spread to every forum category.

There is a warning about W&C but their poison has spread to the whole community. There are NO safe areas here any more.

I think it's a damn shame that the Moderators don't do something to clean it up. That said, I'm smart enough to know that this place really isn't about knives.
It's about money. There are several other knife forums where cretins aren't allowed to say whatever they want to. The conversations are about knives and not about how many times you can run the same old tired insults through your keyboard. Let's call it .............common decency. AND they don't charge you money to participate! Imagine that. They are easy to find if you look for them. This isn't the only game in town. Biggest never meant best.

People there never spread stuff out of that room. No reason for you to make up stuff just because you didn't like your visit there.
I understand you are a new member, and I hope you will soon find that BF is a great place for knife enthusiast. Good luck.

In my opinion, everyone, especially the mods, has been very patient with you.

I also think the mods have been fair with him. IMO he shouldn't be spreading what he feels about people that post in W&C to the manufacturers forums as he did. I think you should keep W&C and how you feel about it in the W&C forum. If you can't do that you should probably stay out of that forum.

Last edited:
People really need to learn to stop posting in Whine and Cheese if they can't handle it there. Sure we rant and rave, poke and insult. If you can't do it without getting mad, or taking it serious stop going there. I was 19 when I came here and I sure didn't know any better than to get worked up over the insults. I left this place entirely for about 6 months over it and when I came back I just posted in other forums. After while some of the worst enemies I had here were requesting me on their friends list. (because believe it or not, I didn't come here for nothing but the knife content) I started going back in W&C and stopped getting mad about everything. I learned to laugh along and not care if I get insulted once in awhile. Until you learn to do that and learn to have a thick skin you should stay away from there and you definitely shouldn't carry anything from there to other forums.. I don't believe for a second anyone insults other members out of that sub forum though. It just isn't tolerated here.

"People there never spread stuff out of that room. No reason for you to make up stuff just because you didn't like your visit there.
I understand you are a new member, and I hope you will soon find that BF is a great place for knife enthusiast. Good luck."

Ken44 - First, thanks for the encouragement! Second, you only have to look at some of the posters on this thread to see that I made nothing up. Some of them are already here talking the talk. I have a neighbor that has a dog that barks all the time but I've learned to ignore it for the most part. I imagine there will be more to come. They can't help themselves. Did I hear someone 'whining'? :) This is what happens when you aren't part of the 'mob' and stick up for someone.

It IS a beautiful day though, eh?

55 and raining where I am.

Honestly yellowhorse, The regs in W&C don't carry it out into the rest if the forum , you just got caught up is all. Most of the insults and bad blood you see is very rare except in General, and that is mainly because all the noobs hang out there.

BFC is a great place, and if you can learn to laugh at yourself, so is W&C.

As the title would imply I have a moderator threating to ban me. [snip] And if disturbing the peace of the forum is my crime against the community I would have to argue that I didnt cast the first stone.
No one is threatening to ban you; the ban will come without threats. Stop casting stones, stop being disruptive, and STFU if you don't have something meaningful to contribute...pretty simple stuff actually.

People really need to learn to stop posting in Whine and Cheese if they can't handle it there. Sure we rant and rave, poke and insult. If you can't do it without getting mad, or taking it serious stop going there. I was 19 when I came here and I sure didn't know any better than to get worked up over the insults. I left this place entirely for about 6 months over it and when I came back I just posted in other forums. After while some of the worst enemies I had here were requesting me on their friends list. (because believe it or not, I didn't come here for nothing but the knife content) I started going back in W&C and stopped getting mad about everything. I learned to laugh along and not care if I get insulted once in awhile. Until you learn to do that and learn to have a thick skin you should stay away from there and you definitely shouldn't carry anything from there to other forums.. I don't believe for a second anyone insults other members out of that sub forum though. It just isn't tolerated here.

:thumbup:

First off, lets keep this civil. There may not be rule against supporting counter fit/knock off knives, but there really shouldn't need to be either. From my beliefs and experiences, it's an unspoken but generally agreed upon rule around here (and with me) that supporting counter fit/knock off knives or the people creating them is unacceptable. That being said, I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, that doesn't mean I have to agree with them, though I still have to respectively disagree with them. The key phrase here is to 'respectively disagree'.

Allen R. said - " then I suggest If you have something to say that is going to rub someone the wrong way don't say it". Make sure you pass that advice along to almost everybody on these forums, Allen. Don't get me wrong, I've met some really decent folks here but I have also been here just long enough to have seen the worst kind of behavior, senseless bashing, foul language, slander, and pure OCD hatred to last a lifetime. I joined to interact with like minded folks that like knives. Turns out that far to many here are nothing more than trash talking fools spoiling for a fight just because they think it's fun and it has spread to every forum category. There is a warning about W&C but their poison has spread to the whole community. There are NO safe areas here any more. I think it's a damn shame that the Moderators don't do something to clean it up. That said, I'm smart enough to know that this place really isn't about knives. It's about money. There are several other knife forums where cretins aren't allowed to say whatever they want to. The conversations are about knives and not about how many times you can run the same old tired insults through your keyboard. Let's call it .............common decency. AND they don't charge you money to participate! Imagine that. They are easy to find if you look for them. This isn't the only game in town. Biggest never meant best.

You don't have to pay to participate. You have to pay to do business here. If you like the other sites so much better....the "log out" button is in the top right hand corner of your screen.

If you have specific comments that relate to this thread topic, please feel free to share them. If you're looking to simply gripe about the site, you should start your own thread.

Back