Threating banishment.

Are these threads of this member really necessary?
Yes, absolutely so. Post here long enough and your outlook may change before you move on. PurpDC is working his way out as a Class A asshole. Nothing wrong with that btw, it has happened many times in the past; often leading to nothing more than just another blip in BFC's history. IMO, having been here for a few years, it goes a little like this; go with the flow or be gone. There are other places to be an anarchist, to upset the proverbial applecart, to be righteously and singularly 'special'...this, however, is not that place.

I couldn't possibly agree more with this.
Speaking for myself only, I'd like to personally thank you for taking a moment out of your otherwise busy evening to share your point of view. Now, if it's not too much to ask, kindly STFU and get with the program. Talk about knives please, not personalities - and if it's personalities you must speak of, kindly consider speaking of those with merit; not those that speak with great regard about others that copy/counterfeit/rip-off original knife designs by makers that are lucky if they make $10k a year after expenses - makers trying to feed their families through their labor while benefiting our community.

Simply amazing. What are you trying to accomplish with this thread? You have already put yourself on the bad side of a bunch of the members and several mods of this site, did you really think creating a thread to complain about a mod and play the victim was going to win you any support?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but try showing a little tact. We all know you love your knock off knives, you go on endlessly about them but you also know that you gushing over them tends to rub people the wrong way so why don't you tone it down a bit.

If you are having a problem with a moderator PM him, creating a thread to call him out in public like this is the worst way you could of handled it. You are a guest in his house and he can kick you out at any time.

This last bit is for you and Yellowhorse. You might think you are absolutely right about everything and your farts smell like roses but if you have this many people upset with you then you should take a look at yourself and figure out what it is that you are doing wrong because I can guarantee there is something.

I couldn't possibly agree more with this.

Well, I couldn't possibly dissagree more with that. Take a moment to look at the sorts of members those threads are made for. They are not made for members that contribute positively, they are made for members that bring negatives to this forum. They also stop the nonsense spilling out into the many sub forums by containing the berating/mocking/abuse in one place. Funnily enough that is one of the things the OP of this thread is yomering on about while he himself has done the exact oposite.

Yes, absolutely so. Post here long enough and your outlook may change before you move on. PurpDC is working his way out as a Class A asshole. Nothing wrong with that btw, it has happened many times in the past; often leading to nothing more than just another blip in BFC's history. IMO, having been here for a few years, it goes a little like this; go with the flow or be gone. There are other places to be an anarchist, to upset the proverbial applecart, to be righteously and singularly 'special'...this, however, is not that place.

Speaking for myself only, I'd like to personally thank you for taking a moment out of your otherwise busy evening to share your point of view. Now, if it's not too much to ask, kindly STFU and get with the program. Talk about knives please, not personalities - and if it's personalities you must speak of, kindly consider speaking of those with merit; not those that speak with great regard about others that copy/counterfeit/rip-off original knife designs by makers that are lucky if they make $10k a year after expenses - makers trying to feed their families through their labor while benefiting our community.

Speaking for myself only, you are welcome. I wasn't that busy. I don't know PurpleDC and I don't have to. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, there is something to which I just can't seem to relate. Here it is in the form of a question: why must people (mods and members both) CHOOSE to write things like this ("STFU and get with the program") or "_______ is an asshole" in response to a basic point of view being expressed by another with no cursing or name-calling present? One day, I would like to become a forum moderator (no, definitely not here so no worries ;) ) so that I may contribute positively and choose not to fuel negativity by insulting others simply for not agreeing with either me or another member. I am not an "anarchist". I am just a person who generally doesn't like to be unnecessarily mean or rude to people, even when I disagree strongly with them, whether I would be doing so as an exercise of power or just because I've had a bad day. It is very difficult to feel like a member of a "community" when you are routinely reminded that, if you don't STFU and get with the program, you will be a blip in history here. This isn't about being "singularly special". This is about making a choice not to treat others badly/rudely just because they may have exhibited these behaviors themselves or, worse still, because they don't agree with us. Anyway, I've nothing more to add so moving on...

Last edited:
Speaking for myself only, you are welcome. {snip} This isn't about being "singularly special". This is about making a choice not to treat others badly.

And there, you would be wrong. This is a privately owned forum where you, and everyone else here, is welcomed as a guest (until such time that you decide to self-extricate yourself due to bad manners); treating others badly is subjective. If you don't approve of being told to STFU and get with the program, then feel free to self-extricate yourself. This website often has in excess of 40,000 individual visits per day, with over 4,000 posts, daily. Yet, there are only a handful of Moderators; Moderators whose unpaid volunteer status places them in a position of interfacing with some of the nicest, coolest knife enthusiasts on the planet...and a bunch of self-important assholes as well. Only you can decide which camp you'd like to be part of, but if you decide to be an asshole you'll likely be told to STFU and shown the door; your place in the race will quickly be filled by tomorrow's fillies. That's the deal. Stop being butt-hurt, you're not that special. Clear enough?

Speaking for myself only, you are welcome. I wasn't that busy. I don't know PurpleDC and I don't have to. Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, there is something to which I just can't seem to relate. Here it is in the form of a question: why must people (mods and members both) CHOOSE to write things like this ("STFU and get with the program") or "_______ is an asshole" in response to a basic point of view being expressed by another with no cursing or name-calling present? One day, I would like to become a forum moderator (no, definitely not here so no worries ;) ) so that I may contribute positively and choose not to fuel negativity by insulting others simply for not agreeing with either me or another member. I am not an "anarchist". I am just a person who generally doesn't like to be unnecessarily mean or rude to people, even when I disagree strongly with them, whether I would be doing so as an exercise of power or just because I've had a bad day. It is very difficult to feel like a member of a "community" when you are routinely reminded that, if you don't STFU and get with the program, you will be a blip in history here. This isn't about being "singularly special". This is about making a choice not to treat others badly/rudely just because they may have exhibited these behaviors themselves or, worse still, because they don't agree with us. Anyway, I've nothing more to add so moving on...

Nice one!! Couldn't have said it better myself. Common decency is not subjective. Oops! I better "STFU" before I get in more trouble. :)

Silly, petty and sarcastic posts will get you nowhere and it will get you there really fast.

You may or may not notice the vast majority of the forum members here get along just fine, there are always a few that seem to always be in the way and just can't get along with folks, ask your self why that might be.....you are one of those that are the latter and you're proving it time and again by the way.

The OP of this thread is another and has been pegged as a negative member of this forum for a while now. He isn't getting the treatment he is because he pisses rainbows, lollipops and mammoth inlayed Sebenzas.

Nice one!! Couldn't have said it better myself. Common decency is not subjective. Oops! I better "STFU" before I get in more trouble. :)

An ounce of respect. If you really do not like it here, please do yourself a favour and leave.

If you share a passion for sharpened metal then focus on that and try to contribute to the forum.

Last edited:
A ounce of respect. If you really do not like it here, please do yourself a favour and leave.

If you share a passion for sharpened metal then focus on that and try to contribute to the forum.

Well, I have three things to say. First, I will give as much respect as I am given. Second, I have already said "I like this forum". I would not be here otherwise. Did you actually read what I have been saying or are you just 'interpreting' what I posted? Try re-reading my posts. Admittedly, I have said I don't like some of the things going on here. I am convinced that I too, am entitled to my opinion and not just the privileged few that seem to get to say anything they want to without anybody saying 'boo' to them about it. Third, how is YOUR comment to me contributing to the forum? Hypocrisy? Seems like it. Thanks for your concern. I'll take it under advisement. :)

Well, I have three things to say. First, I will give as much respect as I am given. Second, I have already said "I like this forum". I would not be here otherwise. Did you actually read what I have been saying or are you just 'interpreting' what I posted? Try re-reading my posts. Admittedly, I have said I don't like some of the things going on here. I am convinced that I too, am entitled to my opinion and not just the privileged few that seem to get to say anything they want to without anybody saying 'boo' to them about it. Third, how is YOUR comment to me contributing to the forum? Hypocrisy? Seems like it. Thanks for your concern. I'll take it under advisement. :)

Thanks for the rudeness, your response to my post leaves me in no doubt of your intentions here.

Best way to make a good impression on a forum is piss off the moderators, just saying. I've been here since 2004 and have only had 2 infractions, one kinda on purpose making fun of a troll. The other time was just having a bad day and apologized to everyone.

Hi.
I've been actively participating in the internet since Geocities chat room was the hoot, the non plus ultra, the wow, you get to chat with irish girls! place.
As a hobby, I'm a magician. I got to publish my own magic tricks, in english, circa 2002, 2003, in several online magic magazines. Also, I created, before that, an email list, and a forum, called Altacartomagia, wich got pretty serious and big.
Then, I got my law degree, begun to work as an attorney, and stopped doing magic. Started several other hobbies, since a year and a half ago o so, the new cool thing in town in my house is knives. I have been a member of several forums through the years.
Ok.
Whenever I had a doubt on any knives, if I did a search on google, this site would come up. Always. With the better content, and clarity.
This is very important to understand: this site has te better, most accurate, and scientific content.
When you search about any subject, what you do is called heuristics, translated from greek, gathering. But once you gather, you do hermeneutics, wich means interpretation.
You try to understand and organice what you have gathered.
Doing the hermeneutics on the search results, I saw that if you get a review from, say, Amazon, it's the review of average joe. Great knife, my boyfriend loved it kinda stuff.
The same thing in youtube. In youtbe, I hate specifically what they call unboxings, first impressions, tabletop reviews...I got this knife, it's black, look, it has a pointy part...
When I wanted to go deep on a subject, THIS FORUM was and is the place.
Pics, videos, reviews, pros and cons...all HERE.

Why did I told you about my past on the internet, being a lawyer, participating in various hobbies and forums...???
Because I have a great capacity to be a troll. A litigator lawyer has the ultimate training to be the ultimate troll.
But since I truly love knives, I would chop off my arms rather than trolling in here. Because I would be alienating myself from the best place on the net about knives.

So, don't do it, man.
Use this place. They could very well one day put a password to the site, only alllwing paying members access. They could automatically ban you.
Your very existence is proof that what you say is wrong. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here.
Don't do it. Use this wonderfulfull of resources and generous place. Why bring a hammer and start hitting the bricks because you don't like some details of a construction it isn'tyoursand that they let you use freely? Would you get to the Louvre, or the MOMA, with a hammer concealed, and saying I don't agree with this or that, and start chopping the place?
Now, imagine this. The security guards, instead of mace your face and call the police, they sit with you and try to convince you of the wrongness of your ways, and say to you: don't do it again, you can keep walking admiring the art, you can keep your hammer, but if you do that again, we are going to take you to the streets.
And then, you stand up above a table, naked, and start screaming: they are threatening to ban me! poor me!

Yeah, come to blade forums, a place full of custom makers, a place full of big and well respected companies, and support counterfeiting. You are trying to be disruptive.
You are hammering the place, when you should be enjoying it.
You are complaining, when you should be grateful.

Be grateful.

Respect isn't given, it is earned. You have been here for about 5 minutes and spent a good chunk of that time bitching about how mean everyone is. That is not the way to earn respect.

Hi.
I've been actively participating in the internet since Geocities chat room was the hoot, the non plus ultra, the wow, you get to chat with irish girls! place.
As a hobby, I'm a magician. I got to publish my own magic tricks, in english, circa 2002, 2003, in several online magic magazines. Also, I created, before that, an email list, and a forum, called Altacartomagia, wich got pretty serious and big.
Then, I got my law degree, begun to work as an attorney, and stopped doing magic. Started several other hobbies, since a year and a half ago o so, the new cool thing in town in my house is knives. I have been a member of several forums through the years.
Ok.
Whenever I had a doubt on any knives, if I did a search on google, this site would come up. Always. With the better content, and clarity.
This is very important to understand: this site has te better, most accurate, and scientific content.
When you search about any subject, what you do is called heuristics, translated from greek, gathering. But once you gather, you do hermeneutics, wich means interpretation.
You try to understand and organice what you have gathered.
Doing the hermeneutics on the search results, I saw that if you get a review from, say, Amazon, it's the review of average joe. Great knife, my boyfriend loved it kinda stuff.
The same thing in youtube. In youtbe, I hate specifically what they call unboxings, first impressions, tabletop reviews...I got this knife, it's black, look, it has a pointy part...
When I wanted to go deep on a subject, THIS FORUM was and is the place.
Pics, videos, reviews, pros and cons...all HERE.

Why did I told you about my past on the internet, being a lawyer, participating in various hobbies and forums...???
Because I have a great capacity to be a troll. A litigator lawyer has the ultimate training to be the ultimate troll.
But since I truly love knives, I would chop off my arms rather than trolling in here. Because I would be alienating myself from the best place on the net about knives.

So, don't do it, man.
Use this place. They could very well one day put a password to the site, only alllwing paying members access. They could automatically ban you.
Your very existence is proof that what you say is wrong. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here.
Don't do it. Use this wonderfulfull of resources and generous place. Why bring a hammer and start hitting the bricks because you don't like some details of a construction it isn'tyoursand that they let you use freely? Would you get to the Louvre, or the MOMA, with a hammer concealed, and saying I don't agree with this or that, and start chopping the place?
Now, imagine this. The security guards, instead of mace your face and call the police, they sit with you and try to convince you of the wrongness of your ways, and say to you: don't do it again, you can keep walking admiring the art, you can keep your hammer, but if you do that again, we are going to take you to the streets.
And then, you stand up above a table, naked, and start screaming: they are threatening to ban me! poor me!

Yeah, come to blade forums, a place full of custom makers, a place full of big and well respected companies, and support counterfeiting. You are trying to be disruptive.
You are hammering the place, when you should be enjoying it.
You are complaining, when you should be grateful.

Be grateful.

Very well said. Some people need to learn to leave their self entitlement at the door and be thankful for the amazing, free resource they have here.

PURPLEEDC

I am all for discussion of topics knife related even if they are unpopular. Ignoring and not discussing unpopular topics does not make them any less real. I feel in this case you pursued this topic too aggressively and across too many threads. I think most would have accepted your opinions after seeing them once or twice but you pushed at every opportunity. I've looked at your other posts and you are clearly knowledgeable about this hobby and more often then not provide relevant and useful information that adds to the discussion. You were "honored" with your own thread in Whine and Cheese and jumped in with both feet. You apologized for some of your comments even though none were required.....everyone knows what to expect there but that tells me something about you.

I would accept that most know how you feel about the topic that started all this and leave it be going forward. I would ignore the W&C thread. If anyone decides to follow you around outside of W&C to give you continued static, report the post and we'll deal with them if unnecessary.

PURPLEEDC

I am all for discussion of topics knife related even if they are unpopular. Ignoring and not discussing unpopular topics does not make them any less real. I feel in this case you pursued this topic too aggressively and across too many threads. I think most would have accepted your opinions after seeing them once or twice but you pushed at every opportunity. I've looked at your other posts and you are clearly knowledgeable about this hobby and more often then not provide relevant and useful information that adds to the discussion. You were "honored" with your own thread in Whine and Cheese and jumped in with both feet. You apologized for some of your comments even though none were required.....everyone knows what to expect there but that tells me something about you.

I would accept that most know how you feel about the topic that started all this and leave it be going forward. I would ignore the W&C thread. If anyone decides to follow you around outside of W&C to give you continued static, report the post and we'll deal with them if unnecessary.

And if PurpleDC decides to follow anyone around outside of W&C with continued static as he has done with myself and Haze?

And if PurpleDC decides to follow anyone around outside of W&C with continued static as he has done with myself and Haze?

The same applies....report the posts and we'll deal with it if necessary. Continued trolling of other members outside of W&C will not be tolerated. Keep in mind that just because a post is reported there is no guarantee action will be taken. We'll decide if there is an actual issue or if someone instead needs a box of tissues and a hug. :)

I don't care what you called me in W&C, I called you crap you responded. Who cares? Stop acting like it matters because you need to learn it doesn't. You also need to learn to stop acting like you can talk this crap about clones anywhere here and not find people here that don't agree. We have little choice about where so much we buy comes from these days, knives are a passion and a hobby, we don't care to indulge it with copied clones, we don't even have to own them to get by. You don't get that, maybe you'll learn, maybe you won't, the ball is in your court.

Jill the reason im apologizing is because I understand that for you it didnt mean anything. You KNOW how to use whine and cheese properly and you leave it there and I have a new found respect for that. In my case I said the things I said because I DID take it personally. My comment was rude and was motivated by anger. I think if what you say is true of the whine and cheese then my comments were truly out of place due to the motivation behind them. thats all im saying.

PURPLEEDC

Point observed and noted. Thank you. I think everything has been said. Unless there is anything anyone else needs to add.

Back