Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

No shield, no stamp, no swedge, not even a nail nick. The bean counters implemented all the cost cutting measures they could on the Castor without compromising quality. Despite all that, this has become my favorite thrifty knife.

50163201797_3a0479e8fc_b.jpg

Great knife :cool: :thumbsup:

Carrying this RR Barlow today, smooth white bone covers :thumbsup:

L750mHB.jpg

Bargain... That must have put a big smile on your face for the day. :):thumbsup:
It was hard to contain my excitement as I had heard/read about these knives but didn't own one. What a shock to see it in a misc. cardboard box with tools and a price of $0.50 each written on it.

Last edited:
If the site were not rejecting my photos at the moment, I would be posting a picture of my $8.99 Bahco Mora carpenter’s knife. It is a dead ringer for an orange Companion. The rubber in the handle is checkered and feels a bit harder than the Companion. The bevel on the blade is slightly narrower on account of the slightly thinner blade stock. To all intents and purposes, it is a half-price Companion.

At $8.99, it is acouple of dollars more than it used to be, but still a buck less than the Craftline Basic 511, black, in carbon steel, and cheaper still than the 510 Allround, which used to be cheapest but had to go up in price when Mora resurrected it from oblivion due to popular demand.

Last edited:
Back