Toohr #3 knife sharpener

Well, I just bought a Hapstone R2 and when I was putting it together I had an interesting thought. I wondered if the module holder part would fit onto the TooHr and allow you to just use the Hapstone stuff without having to faff about with adapters and what not.

RyZVeQSh.jpg

Turns out yes, it looks like it would fit very well. With a few holes that would need to be drilled if course. I dub it the abomination "HapstooHr".

I will leave that project for another day 😂 If Hapstone were to ever sell that part by itself it might be a suggested upgrade for those with the abilities to install it.
I've been thinking about modifications I could make to my Toohr. A plate and tube/round stock piece like this would be pretty easy to fabricate. Looking at the Hapstone attachments, though, it doesn't seem like its any less expensive than the accessories available from Gritomatic. I'm just a cheap dude, so I'll probably end up modifying the clamps that came with my unit and call it a day. I just want a tiny bit more blade clearance for my thicker knives. Maybe i should touch up my Benchmade Full Immunity first, though, to fully consider the consequences of doing that. It's tiny with really thin blade stock.

I've been thinking about modifications I could make to my Toohr. A plate and tube/round stock piece like this would be pretty easy to fabricate. Looking at the Hapstone attachments, though, it doesn't seem like its any less expensive than the accessories available from Gritomatic. I'm just a cheap dude, so I'll probably end up modifying the clamps that came with my unit and call it a day. I just want a tiny bit more blade clearance for my thicker knives. Maybe i should touch up my Benchmade Full Immunity first, though, to fully consider the consequences of doing that. It's tiny with really thin blade stock.

Whatever works for you works. That is the unfortunate part of guided systems, they tend to get expensive but they will last nearly forever. Aaaand then there is the "I wonder" bug that leads you down various rabbit holes 😅

Back