Traditional folders of Hungary

Even though I live in a neighbouring country (Slovenia), I've never seen a Hungarian knife before. All of the knives in this thread look very beautiful! :thumbup:

Hello neighbor! Thank you! I can say the same: I've never seen a Slovenian knife. :D

My wife looked over at my screen to see what I was reading with such interest. She said, "those knives from Hungary are lovely; they're different in a very beautiful way."

Szervusz Attila!
This thread is a very good idea, perhaps could you tell the cutlers to add a webshop with Paypal on their sites (and a translation in at least English, for those non-magyar-speaking!), because it is quite hard to get any if you don't have family in the country! :)
Personally, Zsakai, Varga are my most revered cutlers.
The sheathes also are amazing :
bicskatok22.jpg

Ohh! Szervusz Jolipapa! :D :eek:

I have not knife from Zsákai and Varga. But i know Varga's knives is cheaper. Zsákai's knives ca. 250-350 dollar, Varga's knives 120-200 dollar approximately. The sheathes are ca. 20 dollar. If you would like to buy something I can help you.

Absolutely gorgeous, all of them. Thank you so much for sharing.

The shape of this one, very generally speaking, made me think of a Hungarian penny knife that sold on ebay recently (photo posted with apologies since it's not even remotely the same caliber of knife as the others in this thread).

Vintage%20Hungarian%20Penny%20Knife%207%20800x600_zpsnni1d5kx.jpg

PS: I hope you get your Northwoods knives soon. I suspect you'll love them. :)

The shape of this one, very generally speaking, made me think of a Hungarian penny knife that sold on ebay recently (photo posted with apologies since it's not even remotely the same caliber of knife as the others in this thread).

Than you very much AlwaysTomboy! I hope Northwoods comes soon. :) I would like to buy Northwoods Fremont jack. It is failed. I could take a Northwood Broadway Jack. I hope later can come Fremont Jack too :D

The Hungarians sure have a flair for ornate design! Every knife posted in this thread thus far has been gorgeous. I really appreciate the intricate inlays in the handles, as I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be to craft such a knife handle. Thank you so much, Attila72!

This is an Opinel knife. I think ererybody knows. You see same sun symbol as Hungarian knife. I made it. :)

72e756a998859817da96b521e47d72f2.jpg

51314bc2bce2e53171108e263ca95b33.jpg

45c7cd1c12a917d5db884921ff6a957b.jpg

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-G925F eszközömről

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. Sorry if this is an obvious question, but is the inlay copper or brass, or are there reflections making it look colored? I love the warm tones of the metal against the color and pattern in the handle.

Szalonnazo-3.jpg

Btw, I had a relative who lived in Rozsadomb, Eszter u. :) Rozsadomb means the rose's hil, it is located in Buda, a very pleasent place. Where are you from, Atttila?

Last edited:
Attila Jókai make it. Sheath is name in Hungarian : Pásztortok :)
I'm learning English and I teach in English :D
I'm glad the Hungarian relatives. Small world!

Rózsadomb is in Budapest. I live 120km away the near Balaton lake in Balaton Felvidéki National Park. Beautiful place.

Back