Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Excellent pairings folks. This thread coming back reminded me that I need to take some more pictures when I have some time. So little of that these days though...

20BGn1k.jpg

ugz41Hq.jpg

c9XpusH.jpg

I am quite late responding to this. Regardless, you take wonderful pictures and I always enjoy them. That Bowie is terrific! I'd love to see one with wood handles though (sorry, I am not a huge fan of stag, don't shoot me :D) Dark wood and brass paired with that blade... Now that would be rather striking.

Been wanting a Vaquero for ages, one of these days I just need to "bite the bullet" and pick one up (no pun intended).

black mamba black mamba - Jeff I certainly am in total agreement with you my friend! :thumbsup:
African Blackwood and African Padauk :D
16185904983_d0fb03ddcd_b_d.jpg

Love that Barlow! Wonderful pairing.

I don't always carry a gun, but when I do, its an HK

bfhk-jpg.717921

HK's are fine guns. That little jack is stunning! I love the simple wood paired with the Damascus, symbiotic yet juxtaposed...

Cal, very nice, beautiful hammergun and great old Walden, I see we have similar tastes in guns and knives.

Very nice selection lately, really like seeing old guns too.:thumbsup:

Anybody have Clint's 'Dirty Harry 44'? Just imagine what kind of Traditional folder you'd have to pair with that!:D "Well, do ya??":cool:

Very nice selection lately, really like seeing old guns too.:thumbsup:

Anybody have Clint's 'Dirty Harry 44'? Just imagine what kind of Traditional folder you'd have to pair with that!:D "Well, do ya??":cool:

Not to derail the thread by any means, but the S&W Model 29 (Dirt Harry's piece) is on a very short list of "grail" guns for me. It is obscenely expensive though... :eek: I had the opportunity to make a holster for one owned by a friend of mine, it is a beautiful firearm and he would not part with it despite my shameless begging :(. In any case, a beautiful pistol indeed, if someone here owns one, I would love to see it and see what equally beautiful knife they choose to pair it with.

I had the real Dirty Harry 44 mag, bought used in 1982, a 6½" blue model 29. I shot it and hunted with it for almost 30 years, but it finally got so valuable that I sold it and bought two other 44 mags to use (and still had money left over!). I now have an updated replacement, the 629 Classic. It's even more accurate than the original.

77fbef86-56c3-4151-91df-e66acfe610a5_zpsnfbrsh0d.jpg~original

Attachments

• ClassicStag.jpg
    ClassicStag.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I had the real Dirty Harry 44 mag, bought used in 1982, a 6½" blue model 29. I shot it and hunted with it for almost 30 years, but it finally got so valuable that I sold it and bought two other 44 mags to use (and still had money left over!). I now have an updated replacement, the 629 Classic. It's even more accurate than the original.

View attachment 718318

Oh that is superb!

I don't blame you for moving the 29, sometimes the value becomes such that it becomes a wall hanger or safe queen and I generally have little use for either. I had a Ithaca made 1911, WWII vintage, some years ago. Though it was in fantastic shape and shot like a dream, I was always concerned that something might befall it any time I took it out and about for some exercise. Eventually I ended up trading it for an expensive rifle I had been wanting. Though I have some regrets at letting that one go, I made a good trade and the gentleman clearly treasured it.

Beautiful knife! It could just be the lighting but are those brass bolsters and shield?

Ah, just a trick of the light, it would seem. Very fine looking knife. I'm generally not into stag, but those covers are gorgeous.

Much appreciated! They have just the right amount of "toasting" for my taste, and they're not overly thick.

Great pairing Jeff. That's a massive pistol for sure, might need a Banana Trapper, or is it Panama? That 5.5" lockback :D

If I had any pistols, I'd like to show a Broomhandle Mauser with a nice Stag handled Sharpfinger....

Thanks, Will

20170612_225451.jpg
The #25 GEC fans have nicknamed the pattern WLST- Weird Little Stubby Thing. You can imagine my excitement when this WLST was waiting for me this evening. Oh and my most carried non WLST knife that is about the same size.......

Last edited:
Back