Traditional knives and records

sI7sqk2.jpg

Hungarian Dixon and Lansing handmade.

Those are two cool and interesting knives. I like the lines of the one one the top and the Puukko, who does't like a Puukko?!.
What's the ball on the butt for? Skinning ?
Thanks. I like your theory on the ball-peen puukko. You couldn't damage a pelt that way. All I know is the guy who sold it to me said it was hand-made in Lansing MI. (And I'm pretty sure the grip is part of a sledge-hammer handle.)
Dixon has a website that shows nothing like the upper knife here. I don't know if it's an ancient Hungarian pattern or a modern attempt at versatility.

Me again. I'm having fun rediscovering my records. I'd forgotten all about Juice Newton.
This one I bought for the jacket. I have no idea what it sounds like, since my turntable belt seems to be broken.
bEAre9n.jpg

KeenKutter MOP Tuxedo and a sterling cigar cutter probably from Japan.

Last edited:
The band is fast paced punk rock out of Seattle Washington. There are lots of songs about motorcycles and motorcycle racing on this album "Flat Tracker" . There is also one about the drag racing legend Eddie Hill.

Thanks for the information and good to see a younger generation paying a little homage to an older one. :)

I play and enjoy this record every so often, in between Zeppelin and Pavarotti... :)

View attachment 894610

Last edited:
Thanks for the information and good to see a younger generation paying a little homage to an older one. :)

I play and enjoy this record every so often, in between Zeppelin and Pavarotti... :)

View attachment 894610

H herder , that knife is incredible!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Would you be willing to provide some details about it, please?

- GT
YES, please more info on that knife!
I had to look up the song, I can see why you throw it in the mix. It is sure to keep anyone else listening, on their toes.
s0562.gif

H herder , that knife is incredible!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Would you be willing to provide some details about it, please?

- GT

Thanks 5K Qs and flatblackcapo.
The knife is a Joseph Elliot two blade stag handled Lambsfoot model from Sheffield, which dates to the earlier half of the 20th century.
It was shown in Jacks great "Guardians of the Lambsfoot" thread, and thanks to WhittlinAway and his technical support, I could find it easy in post #2093.

Back