Traditional knives and records

Thanks 5K Qs and flatblackcapo.
The knife is a Joseph Elliot two blade stag handled Lambsfoot model from Sheffield, which dates to the earlier half of the 20th century.
It was shown in Jacks great "Guardians of the Lambsfoot" thread, and thanks to WhittlinAway and his technical support, I could find it easy in post #2093.
Thanks for the info, herder. :)
Enjoy that stupendous knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

26859297707_90f41af7f1_h.jpg

This might be the worst album ever recorded. :cool:

Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek and the Dominos.

kNIq9GH.jpg

wikipedia said:
Frank Zappa recruited artist Neon Park to create a subversive image based on a cover story from the September 1956 issue of Man's Life, a men's adventure magazine. The magazine's cover story depicts a shirtless man being attacked by numerous weasels, above the caption "Weasels Ripped My Flesh". After showing Neon a copy of the magazine, Zappa inquired, "This is it. What can you do that's worse than this?" Neon's answer was to craft a parody of an advertisement for Schick brand electric razor based on the "Weasels Ripped My Flesh" theme.[5] The record company released the album despite its reservations about the album cover.

ManAgainstWeasel.jpg
Schick_20_electric_shaver_1953_ad.jpg

rockman0 rockman0 Rob, the album art looked familiar to me, but I couldn't place it. I probably haven't listened to most of my LPs since about 1990. I looked in the crates in the basement where my records currently live, but in the only crate I had time to search, this (and Blind Faith) was the only Clapton I could find:
4.28.clapton.hist.lil.vics.jpg

Aaron, I'd never heard the "backstory" for that Zappa cover! :eek::cool::cool: Thanks for the fascinating info along with images of mag. cover, shaver ad, and album art! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

"Layla" always makes me sad. Not just because of the song, but because of Duane Allman. Everybody thinks of Derek and the Dominos as Eric Clapton's band, and Layla his song (and it is), but Duane Allman really makes the song what it is. The "piano coda" of features something like 2 Clapton guitar overdubs, but 4 of Duane's, particularly on slide guitar. Barely a year after recording the song Duane died after crashing his motorcycle at age 24. Tragic loss to music.

You got it.
Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs by Derek and the Dominos.

"Layla" always makes me sad. Not just because of the song, but because of Duane Allman. Everybody thinks of Derek and the Dominos as Eric Clapton's band, and Layla his song (and it is), but Duane Allman really makes the song what it is. The "piano coda" of features something like 2 Clapton guitar overdubs, but 4 of Duane's, particularly on slide guitar. Barely a year after recording the song Duane died after crashing his motorcycle at age 24. Tragic loss to music.
I was a teenager when Duane died. It was a shock and the loss of one of the most talented guitarists of our time. Imo he was the best, his slide was magical.

rockman0 rockman0 Rob, the album art looked familiar to me, but I couldn't place it. I probably haven't listened to most of my LPs since about 1990. I looked in the crates in the basement where my records currently live, but in the only crate I had time to search, this (and Blind Faith) was the only Clapton I could find:
View attachment 896209

Aaron, I'd never heard the "backstory" for that Zappa cover! :eek::cool::cool: Thanks for the fascinating info along with images of mag. cover, shaver ad, and album art! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

I haven't listened to my LPs since the early 80s. I still occasionally enjoy digging through them and looking at the covers. Good thread flatblackcapo flatblackcapo ! I'll post more pics as time permits .

Back