Traditional of the month: Peanut.

So I thought I'd start a bit of a tradition (Hopefully) And begin the First "Traditional of the month" thread (Please forgive me if this kind of thread has already been started)

The idea is to carry whichever pattern is in the topic (i.e the peanut) For the entire month and then start a new thread with a different design at the end of the month. During the 30 days you are encouraged to post pics of you knife doing work and generally talk about the pattern. So let me know what you think about this. Hopefully you gents will like the idea.

Anyway, on to the knife. I just got the beauty today and I'm lovin' it so far.
IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

These pics don't do the knife justice. I will capture its true beauty tomorrow.

That's a fine looking Case you've got there, congrats! The one knife for a month is a great idea, and in fact has come about sporadically around these parts, but not with any regularity. The concept put me in good graces with my GEC conductor, which after a month of use ranks up with my favorites.

Sadly, I can't play this month, for I have no peanut in my collection. I've only ever had one and it had such a gnarly snap that it bit me real bad twice before I ever got to know it, so I gave it away.

Be sure to take a before/after pic, since a month of steady use can rack up some mileage pretty fast.

Be very careful with that new peanut. After a month of steady carry, it may become a habit. Peanuts are like that. You get used to the feeling of like nothing in the pocket but when you need it, it's there. And that thin little blade slices great. A month of just peanut carry could be an enlightening experience!. I went from a 3 7/8 stockman to a 3 1/4 inch stockman, to the mighty 'nut, and never went back. :)

Carl.

Here's an older pic of my one and only 'nut. This little guy accompanied me to England a few years ago, and took care of all my knife chores while I was there. He's been to London and York and seen all the sights. He travelled over and back in a rolled up sock, stuffed in a shoe, in my checked bag. I worried about him being there when I opened my luggage. Thankfully the baggage handler pirates let him be. :)

CP1.jpg

Alright, I'll play, sounds like fun :thumbup: Since it's Sunday here, I'll start out with my pearl Queen reverse Peanut.

Here's an older pic of my one and only 'nut. This little guy accompanied me to England a few years ago, and took care of all my knife chores while I was there. He's been to London and York and seen all the sights. He travelled over and back in a rolled up sock, stuffed in a shoe, in my checked bag. I worried about him being there when I opened my luggage. Thankfully the baggage handler pirates let him be. :)

CP1.jpg

You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din!

That's the twin of mine, and I'm a'sceart to take it to Key West, least some baggage pirate make off with my precious.

I'll probably take my older lesser in rank peanut for lime slicing duty.

Carl.

Last edited:
I wanted to carry a peanut...really did...until this one sliced off a flap of skin on my ring finger...maybe I'm too clumsy or my hands are too large....

IMG_1762.jpg
[/IMG]

...its in my wifes collection now ;)

That's a fine looking Case you've got there, congrats! The one knife for a month is a great idea, and in fact has come about sporadically around these parts, but not with any regularity. The concept put me in good graces with my GEC conductor, which after a month of use ranks up with my favorites.

Sadly, I can't play this month, for I have no peanut in my collection. I've only ever had one and it had such a gnarly snap that it bit me real bad twice before I ever got to know it, so I gave it away.

Be sure to take a before/after pic, since a month of steady use can rack up some mileage pretty fast.

Thanks! Too bad you can't play along. I'm sure I won't be able to in the future (My collection has dwindled quite a bit:grumpy:) How about everybody in this thread vote on which pattern they would like to see next month and we'll make a unanimous decision:)

Be very careful with that new peanut. After a month of steady carry, it may become a habit. Peanuts are like that. You get used to the feeling of like nothing in the pocket but when you need it, it's there. And that thin little blade slices great. A month of just peanut carry could be an enlightening experience!. I went from a 3 7/8 stockman to a 3 1/4 inch stockman, to the mighty 'nut, and never went back. :)

Carl.

Definitely not a bad thing. It's a bit weird only carrying the 'nut but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I normally carry a traditional of some sort and a locking folder clipped to my pocket. And you're totally right about it being a little slicing demon. I just sharpened her up (Edge was less than stellar from the factory) and I haven't cut myself yet, but it'll happen eventually.

I wanted to carry a peanut...really did...until this one sliced off a flap of skin on my ring finger...maybe I'm too clumsy or my hands are too large....

IMG_1762.jpg
[/IMG]

...its in my wifes collection now ;)

Ouch! I could definitely see that happening with a peanut being such a small knife with super thin little blades. At least your wife has a very nice little knife now:thumbup:

I would go a long with you if I had a peanut :)

Well which pattern would you like to see next month? I'd like as many people to play as possible so maybe we should go with a more common pattern next month. Any ideas?

Here are some better pics of the 'nut.
IMG_1167.jpg

Beautiful 'nut, William! Is that the new Chestnut Smooth Bone? Looks great whatever it is. :thumbup: The past few weeks I've taken to carrying my Chestnut (Jigged) Bone CV Peanut again and have rediscovered what a truly great pattern the little 'nut is.

Beautiful 'nut, William! Is that the new Chestnut Smooth Bone? Looks great whatever it is. :thumbup: The past few weeks I've taken to carrying my Chestnut (Jigged) Bone CV Peanut again and have rediscovered what a truly great pattern the little 'nut is.

Thank you, Keith:) It is the smooth chestnut bone. I really wanted the jigged chestnut peanut in CV like you have but the smooth really caught my eye and I just had to have it. I'm normally a carbon steel kinda guy but it's nice to diversify every once and again. Let's see some pics of yours:thumbup:

Thank you, Keith:) It is the smooth chestnut bone. I really wanted the jigged chestnut peanut in CV like you have but the smooth really caught my eye and I just had to have it. I'm normally a carbon steel kinda guy but it's nice to diversify every once and again. Let's see some pics of yours:thumbup:

I can see why it caught your eye, as it sure as heck caught mine! It's flat out gorgeous, rich looking with a nice depth to it. Very classy knife!

Carl.

UCK made the mistake of not bringing my nut with me camping the week end, just brought my large case stockman. I literally was waiting to get home to get my peanut back in my pocket.

No peanuts for me but that smooth chestnut bone looks great as does the raindrop damascus.

I don't know what pattern. Right now I have been rotating trying to decide on one for the next year. :)

Back